Michael Jackson is gone...

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
Michael Jackson is gone...
« on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:17 am »

...and i know that this might be a topic that will probably be moved.
nevertheless- we have lost one of the greatest musicians ever!
the music died this day...

we will miss you!

Julia & Alex

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Michael Jackson is gone...
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2009, 10:03 am »
SALUTE the MUSIC!

james
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2009, 11:52 am by James Tanner »

rahman

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2009, 10:35 am »
Agreed. 

Played thriller this morning and was reminded of how much of a great talent he was. Troubled personal life notwithstanding. RIP.

1oldguy

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2009, 11:46 am »
Yes I agree he certainly had the trouble to go along with all that money and fame.
But just because he is gone will not change the fact of what ever actually took place.
Sadly there will be some kids who will grow up to remember MJ from a completely different perspective than his music.
I do agree he had some catchy tunes. 

As a side note and as odd as this may sound, I think that Jackson being the incredible dancer he was had an incredible effect on music.In some ways very positive  and in some others not.What got my goat was that so many bands or artists got into showmanship and dancing when they saw the effect Jackson had.I can't say I blame them to an extent.I'd get on stage and dance too,(As silly as I wood look) if I could make that kind of money.The downside I see is that the music side of things got lost somewhere along the way.
At the end of the day I could care less what an artist looks like,dances like,or moves like.But for the majority that isn't the case,and to a large degree I feel that Jackson was the imputes behind that movement.Can we say boy bands anyone?
I do realize there were other artists who could dance such as James brown and others but  most would say Jackson was king when it came to that.
My 2 cent's. 

danman

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2009, 12:32 pm »
Yes....a sad day for music.

95Dyna

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2009, 01:07 pm »

...and i know that this might be a topic that will probably be moved.
nevertheless- we have lost one of the greatest musicians ever!
the music died this day...

we will miss you!

Julia & Alex

Hi Alex,

There is always a way to tie in Bryston products to keep your thread from being moved.  I just received word my 7B's and BP26P are in.  I've been pondering what would be the first thing to listen to when I get them installed.  I think now I'll dust off my Thriller LP throw it on the Thorens TD160 and wait for Vincent Price to enter the room.

Bill

Moon Doggy

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2009, 01:45 pm »
A SINGING AND DANCING SENSATION

His artistry changed the entertainment world. Over 700 million albums sold and known the world over. His contributions will not be forgotten

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2009, 02:01 pm »
Michael came along at the right time with the right talent.  Nice tunes, good voice, and doing something that hadn't been seen be a generation.  MTV and Michael was to a generation in the 80's what Gene Kelly and Fred Astair  had been to the generation of the 40's and 50's.  We saw popular dance as art and we loved it.  We grew up watching guys like Crosby, Stills, and Nash sitting on stools playing and singing, or even the group acts like the Temptations twisting and turning, but Michael was different.  He was creating a new mini-musical, like watching a new and brilliantly choreographed updated West Side Story.  I'll always remember those early MTV years, rocking our newborn daughter to sleep in the wee hours while Billy Jean played on the tube.  Goodbye to a great talent that will be missed.

Mad Mr H

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2009, 11:08 pm »
RIP.

I spent 17 years as a DJ, His music brought smiles to all ages, on childrens party discos his music would be played more than any other artist - From requests.

Like so many others he died to young  :cry:

rockadanny

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2009, 11:48 pm »

Mad Mr H

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2009, 11:52 pm »
Billie Jean - My fav.

Whats yours?

Played on Bryston of course...............

mvwhiting_83

• Ask me speaker related questions!
    • PMC Speakers
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jun 2009, 05:01 pm »
Being 26, I came into music right when he was just about at his peak... His music was everything to me... I remember siting in front of the Mtv and being enthralled by Bad & Man in the Mirror.... I even had his video game Moonwalker, which was even a great game... Captain Eo was out of this world!... So sad. :cry:

Eric

« Reply #12 on: 29 Jun 2009, 07:35 pm »
He was certainly the first person to truly understand the Music Video and it potential on selling music. He was also a wonderful dancer

ricmon

« Reply #13 on: 29 Jun 2009, 07:53 pm »
Yes I agree he certainly had the trouble to go along with all that money and fame.
But just because he is gone will not change the fact of what ever actually took place.
Sadly there will be some kids who will grow up to remember MJ from a completely different perspective than his music.
I do agree he had some catchy tunes. 

As a side note and as odd as this may sound, I think that Jackson being the incredible dancer he was had an incredible effect on music.In some ways very positive  and in some others not.What got my goat was that so many bands or artists got into showmanship and dancing when they saw the effect Jackson had.I can't say I blame them to an extent.I'd get on stage and dance too,(As silly as I wood look) if I could make that kind of money.The downside I see is that the music side of things got lost somewhere along the way.
At the end of the day I could care less what an artist looks like,dances like,or moves like.But for the majority that isn't the case,and to a large degree I feel that Jackson was the imputes behind that movement.Can we say boy bands anyone?
I do realize there were other artists who could dance such as James brown and others but  most would say Jackson was king when it came to that.
My 2 cent's.

I think it's worTH mentioning that when we talk about Mike and his affect on music, entertainment and dance we are also talking about the man -- QUINCY JONES --.  Can't have all that good music Mike was dancing to with out his magical touch.  BTW my favorite MJ album is HisStory.  All grown with plent to bitch about.  All I can say is that "They don't really care about us"!

Long live the KING  :thumb:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #14 on: 30 Jun 2009, 06:56 pm »
... and to balance some negative impressions some may have of him as a person - check out these comments from pros who worked with him:
http://www.prosoundnews.com/blog/22648

werd

« Reply #15 on: 7 Jul 2009, 05:35 pm »
Woot !!! they finally buried that freak of Nature. One less sicko in the world. Now if we can get rid of the Shaw of Iran and that maniac from North Korea the world will be a better place.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #16 on: 7 Jul 2009, 06:42 pm »
 :lol:

Cacophonix

« Reply #17 on: 7 Jul 2009, 07:10 pm »
Woot !!! they finally buried that freak of Nature. One less sicko in the world. Now if we can get rid of the Shaw of Iran and that maniac from North Korea the world will be a better place.

Shaw? they've a shaw(h) in iran?  :duh:  :lol: :lol:

werd

« Reply #18 on: 7 Jul 2009, 07:32 pm »

Shaw? they've a shaw(h) in iran?  :duh:  :lol: :lol:

yah that guy .... they need to pump him full of meds...  :lol: . People who abuse their power should be medicated....

ricmon

« Reply #19 on: 7 Jul 2009, 07:49 pm »

the ignorant speak.  Just got finish looking at the memorial...............very nice indeed.