• Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
NBA draft
« on: 26 Jun 2009, 02:42 am »
Wow Minnesota has

PG Ricky Rubio - Spain
PG Jonny Flynn Syracuse 
PG Ty Lawson - UNC
SG Wayne Ellington - UNC

Charlotte got my favorite, Gerald Henderson - maybe Jordan can coach him to his full potential

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: NBA draft
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2009, 03:24 am »
Wow Minnesota has

PG Ricky Rubio - Spain
PG Jonny Flynn Syracuse 
PG Ty Lawson - UNC
SG Wayne Ellington - UNC

Charlotte got my favorite, Gerald Henderson - maybe Jordan can coach him to his full potential

Now they have

PG Nick Calathes - Florida

I guess they are trying to corner the market on guards  :hyper:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:25 am »
Interesting play in Minny for sure ..they draft nearly half the guards in the entire first round :scratch:

No problem with ball movement on that club....but winning a game might be a chore.

I'm shocked, but not too sad, that the Nets traded Vince Carter - that's a lot of firepower for Orlando to pick up.  He's solid for 20 pts and 5 rebbies a game.

John

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2009, 03:45 pm »
Vince Carter to the magic is good but they loose alot to in Turk, Alston,  Battie and  C. Lee (a promising rookie).  But I'm sure they will fill in the pieces. Carter's got at least 3 good yrs left.

The Spurs getting Richard Jefferson was big for them and should put them back in the mix if Manu is healthy.

As for the draft, who knows.  Not a great talent pool, not sure want Blake Griffin with amount to especially with the Clippers.  Curry in Golden State is interesting, he could thrive there if he can find minutes.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2009, 04:08 pm »
The Spurs getting Richard Jefferson was big for them and should put them back in the mix if Manu is healthy.

Spurs picked up DeJuan Blair of Pittsburgh in the second round, too. 

Both guys should be good fits in Pops' system :thumb:

If Manu Ginobli makes it back - Spurs cannot be overlooked as contenders again in 2010.

John

ltr317

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:17 pm »
Interesting play in Minny for sure ..they draft nearly half the guards in the entire first round :scratch:

No problem with ball movement on that club....but winning a game might be a chore.

I'm shocked, but not too sad, that the Nets traded Vince Carter - that's a lot of firepower for Orlando to pick up.  He's solid for 20 pts and 5 rebbies a game.

John

I'm a Nets fan.  The trade for Carter was expected after a disappointing season.  But I thought the Nets would get equal value for him, instead they get a decent young player in C. Lee, an over rated Alston, and an aging downward sprialing Battie.  I know the Nets did the trade to free up money for next year, but they should have gotten a better fit in the replacement players.  Now the big 3 are all playing on other teams.  Looks like a rebuilding year for the Nets.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jun 2009, 12:25 am »
I'm a Nets fan.

Well, that's two of us...where are the other 98 ya' think? :wink:

Actually, I think PhilNYC is one, as well, so we need to hunt down those 97 others

Rod Thorn admitted as much last night I think...that it's yet another rebuilding year for the Nets :(  Ratner is about to bail out as his move to Brooklyn looks far off (he's a NYC developer, after all, not a Jersey guy)

Didn't they get some cash, too, for the swap for Carter and Ryan Anderson?  Otherwise, it certainly wasn't a good trade for the Nets.

John

ltr317

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jun 2009, 12:48 am »
I think the other 97 fans are crying somewhere, not because of the Carter trade but because the Net's glory years will be a distant memory soon.  I hope the team picks up a star in 2010 with the money saved this year.  I didn't hear about any cash involved with the trade, so that's why I think it was a lousy trade for the Nets.  $6+ million salary for Battie's salary next year, sheesh.  What was Thorn thinking?

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jun 2009, 02:49 am »
I did not even know there were Nets fans.  Maybe Knicks fans who couldn't afford to be Knicks fans but true Nets fans, how far back are we talking?

TheChairGuy

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2009, 02:51 am »
I did not even know there were Nets fans.  Maybe Knicks fans who couldn't afford to be Knicks fans but true Nets fans, how far back are we talking?

1972 or so.  Yes, loooooooooooong suffering...but, for a few years in the ABA (and 2002 & 2003) :)

John

ltr317

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2009, 03:06 am »

1972 or so.  Yes, loooooooooooong suffering...but, for a few years in the ABA (and 2002 & 2003) :)

John

Yeah, me too.  I used to go to Nassau Coliseum when they were in the ABA.  Before Jason Kidd joined the team, there were a couple of decent years in the early 1990s with the Kenny Anderson, Derrick Coleman, Drazen Petrovic and Chris Dudley led team.  .