I miss the VR-1's. Does anyone know why they were dropped?

SGCSG1

And if they might come back?

JackD201

Re: I miss the VR-1's. Does anyone know why they were dropped?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2009, 02:55 am »
I'm hoping VSA will eventually start making VR-1s, VR-2s and LCR-15s again. Fantastic value was engineered into this line unfortunately for the line to be feasible financially very large production runs were needed. Maybe when the economy picks up and the high value CE market becomes receptive again, we'll see a new generation of 1s, 2s and hopefully 3s as well.

panomaniac

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2009, 04:15 pm »
I have a pair of VR-2s arriving this week.  I'm looking forward to them!

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2009, 04:50 pm »
Way cool!

Say Panomaniac, you're with Virtue Audio right?  The other Jack (B) here at the VSA circle says they're great. My interest has been piqued  aa  I intend to get a couple of them to mate with some Duevel Planets. One pair in the living room and one pair in the dining room. I'm also planning to have tube regulated power supplies built for them. A local guy has been making a few for various walwart using stuff and they make a big difference. I hope you don't mind if I hit you up for some advice now and then. Cheers!

I hope the VR-2s float your boat. They're a B&$CH to burn in but since I'm guessing you're getting yours preowned you don't have to deal with the 400 hours. Big bass and dipole like dispersion. They should work great with a Virtue 2 or two Virtue 1s looking at the specs.

Do let me know how the synergy goes. If it's really good I might press some B-stock LCR-15s into stereo service.  aa

WGH

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2009, 08:37 pm »
Hey Panomaniac you are going to have a lot of fun, big bass for sure. The VR2's dig deep, an AC member was over for a listen and asked if I had the bass on my Van Alstine Insight+ EC pre-amp turned up when all the tone controls were actually defeated.

I have modded my pair, if you ever get close to Tucson do stop by for a listen.

Wayne

panomaniac

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jul 2009, 07:36 am »
Great - can't wait to hear them, have read so many good things about them.  I didn't mean to hijack this thread, tho.

They actually belong to Seth, the owner of Virtue audio, so of course they will be powered by Virtue amps. :D

Jack, those power suppies sound interesting.  When you get them up and going, please report. (there isa power supply thread in the Virtue circle)

JackD201

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jul 2009, 07:46 am »
Will do Pan :) But first I have to wait until your stock arrives. Seems your online store is sold out.

SGCSG1

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jul 2009, 02:30 am »
There's a single LCR-15 in maple new in the box on agon.

If it was a pair I'd buy them!