How to: DIY Superlatives IC's

Hank Rearden

« on: 19 Jan 2003, 11:06 am »
I admit I am all thumbs and this is my first DIY challange but it must be easier than this. I am stuck on the very first step. Can anybody offer a tip or suggestion on how to push the CCC copper wire through the last 15 inches of the teflon tube. The first half was easy. However, the last half simply isn't slidding through. The CCC wire continues to bind and kink making it even more difficult to get through. At this point I am considering just cutting off the last 15 inches and shortening the IC. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

markC

« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2003, 03:02 pm »
You have to keep the teflon tube straight. I used a cookie jar to hold the one end and kept light tension on the tube while I pushed the wire through. Grab the wire between thumb and forefinger and only about 1/2" behind the tube. Good luck!

audiojerry

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2003, 04:56 pm »
Would you be able to fish a thin strand of wire or thread all the way through the tube and tie it to your cable and pull it back through the tube?

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2003, 05:19 pm »
Did you try a little vegetable oil on the tube?  I had the same problem and put a little vegetable oil on it and it worked out pefvectly.  

J

Ferdi

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2003, 08:52 pm »
Hi guys, is it OK if I move this to "the Lab"? That's a better place for these questions.

Hank, now we also want to see a review in "Critic's Circle". :D

Ferdi

Ferdi

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2003, 08:55 pm »
.. and skipping further I found that you had the same question already posted in the Lab. The whole discussion is now moved there.

Good luck with the suggestions offered.