new S6 XRS are here

akis

new S6 XRS are here
« on: 23 Jun 2009, 08:16 pm »
Hello,
My new s6 xrs are here since friday. With 20 hours on them, (open port-no sub), a clear airy soundstage is already on ! From Claude Debussy to ZZ Top ! No audiophile recordings up to now. I can't imagine how they ll sound after 150 -200 hours!  We ' re listening to Walkabouts , slow days with nina, right now ,and all are staring in amazement!
Thanks Louis !
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1921

rodge827

Re: new S6 XRS are here
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2009, 12:27 am »
Hey akis,
Congrats on your new 6 xrs's.Niiice 2-tone look :thumb:. Give those puppies a good work out and they will reward you for it. Time and time and time again :D.
Chris

Eadron

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2009, 08:07 pm »
Hi akis,

what a nice setup you have! And the interior looks good too  8). Glad you've found the Omega-truth  aa..there's no need to look elsewhere  :thumb:!

Congrats,
Jouni

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2009, 08:56 pm »
Hi Akis,

Many thanks and your setup looks great. The platforms are very nice too.

Can't wait for the 200 hour point.

Thanks again,
Louis

reikso2h

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2009, 07:17 pm »
which of the amps in your setup are you running to the XRS's?

akis

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jul 2009, 08:21 pm »
Hi,
using the  down right-pictured, small 6v6 amp.
thanks.

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2009, 04:47 am »
Hi,
using the  down right-pictured, small 6v6 amp.
thanks.
Sweet looking system. DMS Reason cable?

Kent

akis

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jul 2009, 07:42 am »
Hi,
Both interconnects and spk cables are Vovox, initio series.
Speakers sound great and I m running an 6L6 amp right now. Seems that spks like some power on and I ve experienced the same process on a friends' pair  of  s3xrs. Concluding the first 100 hours, I will move to 845 single-ended and post overall results. Burning in is very pleasant , swift and I m very happy and proud of these excellent speakers ! Enjoy !
Thanks 

Louis O

« Reply #8 on: 8 Aug 2009, 08:20 pm »
Hi Akis,

Sounds great and I love 6L6 amps. I wish there were more SE 6L6s out there to choose from.

I may try building one myself.

Great news and keep them burning in.

Thanks,
Louis

akis

« Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2009, 05:12 pm »
Hello,

My speakers are hooked up to an old Leak stereo 30 plus right now and we re enjoying tigermilk- B&S right now !
They ve more than 200 hours on them and I ve experimented with tube  amps mainly. 6L6, 845, 805 tubes were the best  if I  should make a choice. Also the Dared MP5 with 6H30PI and of course my vintage Leaks Delta 30 and Stereo 30 Plus both transistor.Clarity and huge soundstage...and at what price ? FAIR !!!!!! I m not fond of in depth hardware analysis but I m a serious music lover for more than 30 years and I have some records here to unfold...Ah ! the speakers,,,

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR...   BUY EM[!!!!!!!!]

Thanks all for helping posts,
Thanks Louis,

Akis

Thanks Louis,

ejfud

« Reply #10 on: 19 Dec 2009, 08:11 pm »
The 2-tone look is beautiful?

I have to hear a pair of these someday.

Louis O

« Reply #11 on: 22 Dec 2009, 12:08 am »
Hi Akis,

Thanks for the update. Great to hear and I like the vintage gear too. I have a Scott with 6L6s that I need to get going. Latest piece I picked up.

Looks like the 6 XRSs are opening up for you. I'm very happy you're enjoying them.

Thanks again,
Louis

Kala christuyena