My First Topic-What to Do

95Dyna

Re: My First Topic-What to Do
« Reply #320 on: 23 Aug 2009, 08:14 pm »
I have decided that I will be selling the center and all Bryston amps.Just need to take get a camera for some picks.

Hello 1oldguy

Are you keeping the 802s now?

That would be weird, as the sound 1oldguy doesn't care for has everything to do with the (not-fully-broken-in) speakers and the room, and very little to do with the amps.

Steve

I agree, Steve.  We're going around in circles now and up to 319 posts on this thread.  I'm outa here. :x

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #321 on: 23 Aug 2009, 08:43 pm »
I have decided that I will be selling the center and all Bryston amps.Just need to take get a camera for some picks.

Hello 1oldguy

Are you keeping the 802s now?

That would be weird, as the sound 1oldguy doesn't care for has everything to do with the (not-fully-broken-in) speakers and the room, and very little to do with the amps.

Steve

I agree, Steve.  We're going around in circles now and up to 319 posts on this thread.  I'm outa here. :x

I concur...I do not know which way is up any longer with this thread  :o
 :surrender:

Ta Ta...

werd

« Reply #322 on: 27 Aug 2009, 05:11 am »
This whole thread has been nothing short of pandering to the rediculous. The only way i can make sense of any of it is if 1oldguy came clean and admitted to his dealing with Classe or Mac, its the only way it makes sense. He did seem to like the video of classe and B@W together so maybe that should be his start into his adventure with high end?

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #323 on: 27 Aug 2009, 05:17 am »
Hmm...are you saying this whole thing is a ruse? To rile up Bryston owners?

werd

« Reply #324 on: 27 Aug 2009, 05:21 am »
Hmm...are you saying this whole thing is a ruse? To rile up Bryston owners?

I am saying the whole thing thing has gotten totally rediculous and anything is possible so yes maybe that is happening or maybe not but it so bizarre i am not ruling it out.

vegasdave

« Reply #325 on: 27 Aug 2009, 05:22 am »
True, and you never know... :scratch:

werd

« Reply #326 on: 27 Aug 2009, 05:23 am »

:bowdown: thankyou

vegasdave

« Reply #327 on: 27 Aug 2009, 05:30 am »
You're welcome!

KeithA

« Reply #328 on: 27 Aug 2009, 10:10 am »

Sorry guys...but I DO know :wink:

These last few comments are even more bizzarre than the thread you've been commenting on :roll:

So you think some guy BOUGHT $60k of gear 'unheard' (because had no way of demoing in Eastern Canada), played a game for a while to ruffle some feathers and is now looking to sell the stuff at a big loss claiming he doesn't like it?

As odd as is this thread has developed, you can put away the conspiracy theories. They don't exist. What you have is a young guy who thought he was assembling HIS dream system (based on his expectations :wink:) and when he fired it up...it didn't meet his expectations.

Maybe what his expectations of 'high end' was completely different than what he got.

I met Brandon a couple weeks ago when I offered to drop by his place to ensure the gear was set up properly. No matter what has happened in this thread, he's sincere.

So, before the swords come out for 1oldguy, let me assure you there's no gaming going on here. So, I'd nip that one in the butt...... it not happening.

Keith

vegasdave

« Reply #329 on: 27 Aug 2009, 10:51 am »
Well, instead of dropping $60k on the system, he should have traveled to a dealer that would have given him a demo.

This whole thing is bad pr for Bryston. This is their forum, is it not?

I personally would have this thread removed.

Mad Mr H

« Reply #330 on: 27 Aug 2009, 12:49 pm »
Keiths in on it too  :lol:

Just kidding Keith, forgive my poor UK humour..............

Glad you posted as I dont have any SST2 amps and really would love to have some......... :wink:

Trying to arrange UK banks to borrow some more .gov cash to help me out on that front  :D

So you saw all five 7B's ?
(Brendon does not have camera)

And they are all the rack mount black sst non "C" series pro fronts with the gain control........

Do you know how perfect that is for my BB5's to go active  :drool:

That is without 28's (That I dont think really exist and some forum members just made that number up then hacked the Bryston website to add some made up 28B data - thats my theory on the 28's  :green:)

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #331 on: 27 Aug 2009, 08:13 pm »
Well, instead of dropping $60k on the system, he should have traveled to a dealer that would have given him a demo.

This whole thing is bad pr for Bryston. This is their forum, is it not?

I personally would have this thread removed.

Dave,

sure it's not a good PR for Bryston. but i think that this website is for the good and for the bad. what happened here can happen to any other company as well.
if ALL these manufacturers/VP out there would be as brave as James and would discuss their products on a public website i am convinced that they would receive the positive and the negative feedback from their customers. that's just the way it is.

so once again thank you James for sharing this hobby. first hand informations not only for Bryston customers. it's a blessing to have you here...in good times and in bad times.

al.

Viajero5000

« Reply #332 on: 27 Aug 2009, 08:30 pm »
if ALL these manufacturers/VP out there would be as brave as James and would discuss their products on a public website i am convinced that they would receive the positive and the negative feedback from their customers. that's just the way it is.

so once again thank you James for sharing this hobby. first hand informations not only for Bryston customers. it's a blessing to have you here...in good times and in bad times.

al.

agreed. as far as the forum goes, it's a place for bryston owners to discuss their equipment, so every bryston owner is entitled to share their experiences, positive or negative.  that James participates in this forum and shares the hobby is a statement of the company's values; the honesty, integrity and lack of BS marketing pitches is one of the things i really respect about bryston.  they're rare qualities in today's world, but ones i certainly value and include as a consideration in choosing bryston gear.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #333 on: 27 Aug 2009, 08:33 pm »

al.

agreed. as far as the forum goes, it's a place for bryston owners to discuss their equipment, so every bryston owner is entitled to share their experiences, positive or negative.  that James participates in this forum and shares the hobby is a statement of the company's values; the honesty, integrity and lack of BS marketing pitches is one of the things i really respect about bryston.  they're rare qualities in today's world, but ones i certainly value and include as a consideration in choosing bryston gear.

thank you, Viajero!

al.

vegasdave

« Reply #334 on: 28 Aug 2009, 09:27 pm »
I understand all of that, but this thread serves no purpose anymore, except what not to do when buying a high end system.

KeithA

« Reply #335 on: 28 Aug 2009, 09:49 pm »
I understand all of that, but this thread serves no purpose anymore, except what not to do when buying a high end system.

Which I would think is a pretty valuable lesson :wink:

Keith

vegasdave

« Reply #336 on: 29 Aug 2009, 07:16 pm »
I suppose.

1oldguy

« Reply #337 on: 29 Aug 2009, 08:40 pm »

2 of the amps are open,the other 3 are sealed all with the same date of manufacture.

1oldguy

« Reply #338 on: 29 Aug 2009, 08:47 pm »

Mad Mr H

« Reply #339 on: 29 Aug 2009, 10:53 pm »
Looks amazing.

Those amps would look so nice in my racks.
That is a serious consideration for me.

I have been going over different configurations.........

In fact its given me some sleepless nights.