notes on my new subwoofer and etc.

bosjohn

notes on my new subwoofer and etc.
« on: 21 Jun 2009, 10:15 pm »
Well as I mentioned I finished the subwoofer It looks nice and if I can figure out how to post pics here I will post one of the sub and one of my av/3's.  I also as mention came into possession of an very old pair of ar3a speakers. I now have four active audio systems running and I fell a tad silly sigh. Anyway the lack of base in my living room from the av/3's prompted the subwoofer project and together they sound awesome.  But as we all know rooms are funny places and for no good reason I can figure the Ar3as sound better in my living room than the av/3s smoother and more base ( that is without the sub). However when I moved the av/3s into the bedroom suddenly now they have all the base it should and sound much smoother and are not tiring to listen to  and image better than the ar3as and have more top end and just sorta came alive in the bedroom. The ar3as sound spectacular in the living room so that works I have top rate sound in two rooms. I am using a dyanaco st 70 modified in the bedroom for the av/3's and a unico hybred putting out some unpublished power into the four ohm and less load of the old ar's but eighty a channel at 8 ohms.  The really impressive sub (thanks Danny) is in the tv room with my old kef 101/s and sound fully as good as the other two systems. 
I build speakers because I enjoy making things and I like knowing the boxes I am building are far better than one finds in most speakers sold these days. But the fun is the building and listening. I think my av/3s are super speakers now that they are in a friendly room. So if some one can tell my how to post the pics I will thanks all for all your suggestions and comments and oh yah I love to talk too.
John

JohnR

Re: notes on my new subwoofer and etc.
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2009, 10:18 pm »
Click on the image icon (below the "B" button) :thumb: