Here we go again!!!

danman

Re: Here we go again!!!
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jun 2009, 05:09 pm »
After going through some of the newer posts on the ML forum concerning this topic, I have noticed that most disagree with Dudley dude!

I guess I can give them some credit! However, they seem to be easier on him then they were on me boo hoo! :wink: But to our defense, other than one poster, the instigators of yore have not commented yet!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 19 Jun 2009, 05:31 pm »
After going through some of the newer posts on the ML forum concerning this topic, I have noticed that most disagree with Dudley dude!

I guess I can give them some credit! However, they seem to be easier on him then they were on me boo hoo! :wink: But to our defense, other than one poster, the instigators of yore have not commented yet!

Hi danman,

I think one of the good things that has come out of this whole episode is many of us (myself included) have taken a step back , a deep breath and realized ... hey this is about discussion, debate, education, enjoyment, etc. of all things Hi-FI. 

We all have much more in common with each other regarding this great hobby than differences.

james
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2009, 08:15 pm by James Tanner »

danman

« Reply #22 on: 19 Jun 2009, 05:46 pm »
Yes. After reviewing some of their posts, there may be hope! Like I said, those that were negative have not posted anything as far as I can see. When the topic began yesterday, I was worried it would go back to where it ended but so far I have to admit............I was wrong!

The main thing is that audio like anything in life is very objective and personal and we all understand that. In most cases we buy what we can afford or are willing to spend and believe it is the best we can do at that level however, it is important to understand that there is always more out there. It is important to please our ears no matter the budget and never forget to listen to the music first!!! many forget this and then thier objectivity becomes tarnished.

The thing I like the most about this forum is that I don't get the feeling of being judged and we are always communicating concerning the topic not like I experienced with theirs! Too bad!

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #23 on: 22 Jun 2009, 07:35 am »

Hi danman,

I think one of the good things that has come out of this whole episode is many of us (myself included) have taken a step back , a deep breath and realized ... hey this is about discussion, debate, education, enjoyment, etc. of all things Hi-FI. 

We all have much more in common with each other regarding this great hobby than differences.

james

I concur.

danman

« Reply #24 on: 23 Jun 2009, 02:23 pm »
Our friend Twitch54 has gone on the ML thread to insult me now and he tells me to leave things go! The ML site is very strange! When I said comments like that, I got warned but because he is site administrator, he can do what he wants! Proves my point as to how one sided they are and if you don't have the same opinions, they ban you!

By the way Twitch........I am not interested in your restaurants! I am also bright enough to know that if you want to insult me find a way to do it to my face! Leave well enough alone! Obviously you did not read the other posts here because I never insulted anyone on your dumb site but your the man!

danman

« Reply #25 on: 23 Jun 2009, 05:24 pm »
My God! Even old TonePub is at me again! He still thinks it has something to do with my ego!! :lol: I could not care less if other people like my gear and that had nothing to do with it in the first place but they still dwell on that so called fact!

He is still denying his posts that he put on this site praising certain set ups that included Bryston!

I understand some of you are fed up with this and that James did say that we should and (yes) have learned BUT I don't like being insulted on a pretext that I did not invent! I just find it ironic and flattering that I am still a topic of conversation on the little boys club! I guess that means they are still thinking about me and maybe they miss me!!? They are actually coming on this site to peak into our world and report back to the troops!! Hey guys report this.....I own the same speakers as you guys do!

I Quote:

It's just pretty funny, what he doesn't realize is that most of us HAVE heard Bryston and we just don't like it....

But as always, he can't separate his possessions from his personality. Just because you don't like Bryston, doesn't mean that it's neccessarily bad and doesn't mean you're any less of a human being because someone doesn't appreciate your toys.

Didn't like Bryston with my Acoustats either, but not bad with Magnepans.

Funny how it was "not bad" with the Maggies when I remember him saying it was his favorite!

werd

« Reply #26 on: 23 Jun 2009, 05:57 pm »
My God! Even old TonePub is at me again! He still thinks it has something to do with my ego!! :lol: I could not care less if other people like my gear and that had nothing to do with it in the first place but they still dwell on that so called fact!

He is still denying his posts that he put on this site praising certain set ups that included Bryston!

I understand some of you are fed up with this and that James did say that we should and (yes) have learned BUT I don't like being insulted on a pretext that I did not invent! I just find it ironic and flattering that I am still a topic of conversation on the little boys club! I guess that means they are still thinking about me and maybe they miss me!!? They are actually coming on this site to peak into our world and report back to the troops!! Hey guys report this.....I own the same speakers as you guys do!

I Quote:

It's just pretty funny, what he doesn't realize is that most of us HAVE heard Bryston and we just don't like it....

But as always, he can't separate his possessions from his personality. Just because you don't like Bryston, doesn't mean that it's neccessarily bad and doesn't mean you're any less of a human being because someone doesn't appreciate your toys.

Didn't like Bryston with my Acoustats either, but not bad with Magnepans.

Funny how it was "not bad" with the Maggies when I remember him saying it was his favorite!

Dont worry about it. Its clearly in low form to be talking about people they've banned and arent able to retort. Let em keep talking about you, it doesnt let lie why it all started in the first place and can only harm tonepub's publication (The Rag).

danman

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jun 2009, 06:38 pm »
I am not worried at all! At least they are that interested that they troll our site to get something to talk about!

The whole issue is that I am not even a member of the site anymore and they continue to talk about the issue knowing that and expect me to not comment!!!! I figured they would discuss something else over there like Martin Logan speakers maybe?

Like I said, it has absolutely nothing to do with what I own or don't own as I don't care if they like Bryston or not that is their choice and I respect that. The fact is those few are trying hard to cover up their back tracks on my behalf. They did not respect a different opinion as it was out of the "norm" for the certain "rat pack" and in the meantime insulted all of us knowing very well that I did not intend to do any harm in the first place.

I have 100% experience now with the exact same kit that was in question and have the right to now comment on the subject. I am no pro for sure but I know what I heard. If they don't like it....fine....I could care less! BUT don't pretend that we are not intellegent enough to voice our opinion! If they are coming on this site to get ammunition, fine............I will give it to them! In today's society, we tend to not voice our opinions in the same force as before and back down. Usually I just forget about things that are irrelevent but when it comes to pure ignorance, I have no tolerence! Instead of attacking the subject, they continue to attack the personality and that is what I am sticking up for and will continue as long as they keep at it. They have completely forgotton about the music!

1ZIP

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jun 2009, 07:51 pm »
From the, "What it's worth Department";  Dude!   Let it go....your just enabling those for whom you apparently have little respect.  The upset isn't worth it.

Just my 2 cents. 

vegasdave

« Reply #29 on: 25 Jun 2009, 10:52 pm »
Danman, I really get to think that Tonepub likes picking fights with Bryston owners. But god forbid, you criticize his overpriced favorites, he goes ballistic. He's a hypocrite to the 10th power. I have no respect for him whatsoever.

I told him he was biased against Bryston, he says he's not against it. This is on another bulletin board I frequent. Unfortunately the post was erased. I got into major flame war with him like you did.

1ZIP does have a point, however.

danman

« Reply #30 on: 26 Jun 2009, 12:57 pm »
Believe me, I don't want this war at all!!! I just keep trying to tell him and some others on that weird site that when I put James's review up, it was only because I thought that coming from someone that has been so long in the business and has heard almost all speakers out there, he could really contribute to the forum. It had nothing to do directly to Bryston even though that was the amps being used of course!

Tonepub immediately attacked the brand and the person from his first post. This made me angry because it had nothing to do with the review but more of a personality issue. He seems to think that I am a God of Bryston and that everything thing else is crap to me!!!!!!! Maybe I did say things to make some feel that way however my intentions were pure and not malicious.

I feel I have no reason to explain myself to him or anyone else on their snobby website that in general does not cover Martin Logans interests but more their own. He is a major sponsor of the site as is Twich54 the moderator and both were my principal attackers. They obviously have me all figured out and think they know it all but I am not one to back down when it comes to ignorance. People like that are always fast to make assumptions about things they think they know when in real life, they are usually the least courageous and most unhappy.

I have received so many emails concernig this topic from both this site and the ML site agreeing that this person is way off but as I said, he is a major sponsor and who is going to challenge him? He may have a lot of knowledge because of what he does for a living but certainly has a strange way of sharing it with the rest of the normal world! I don't want to wake this topic up anymore than it needs to be and especailly I don't want to sound like them! I am trying to be resonable and calm but sometimes the personal insults are strange and I have even gotton some via email! I know there are laws against this and have kept them just in case thigings do escalate but I know how to defend myself menatlly and physically very well and as a trained martial artist, I can keep my calm and find humour and value in all of this!

Let's just say that the Martin Logan site is only for a chosen few that follow the olive branch! Not like this site (or most others for that matter!)where we can even joke around and talk about almost anything. I have learned so much about audio from people here and that is important after all, we all want to listen to music!

twitch54

« Reply #31 on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:46 pm »
I upset the little boys club and they tell me I take things out of context!!!

Now.....what was it YOU were saying about insults ?   LOL !!!  aa

danman

« Reply #32 on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:53 pm »
Please go back to your site no one wants you here and you are just trying to pick a fight!

Why do you spend time here trying to troll our site? You guys must really miss me over there if you have nothing better to do than read my posts.

Please contribute to the Bryston topic because when we don't on your site, you ban us! Maybe we should ban you if you keep it up!

Your definition of an insult is "littlle boys club"???? I was called worse than that on your site and am still alive!

twitch54

« Reply #33 on: 26 Jun 2009, 06:19 pm »
Please go back to your site no one wants you here and you are just trying to pick a fight!

Dan, please......I am not, merely rebutting your coments relative topic of this thread

Why do you spend time here trying to troll our site?

Again, not trolling, this thread was aimed squarely @ the ML forum, thus the responses

Please contribute to the Bryston topic because when we don't on your site, you ban us! Maybe we should ban you if you keep it up!

Again...please take note of what I have contributed here (answering question from Mr Tanner relative sub questions, etc) that were topic related

Your definition of an insult is "littlle boys club"???? I was called worse than that on your site and am still alive!

With that I call 'truce' .......... may I be the first to appologize, and suggest we all move forward in constructive dialouge on all things audio !!

danman

« Reply #34 on: 26 Jun 2009, 06:22 pm »
Now were talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

danman

« Reply #35 on: 26 Jun 2009, 06:32 pm »
We obviously have at least 50% commonality (is that a word?) because I also love anything Martin Logan!

I would like to close the chapter on this and I think we both can learn that we should keep our personalities out of our opinions. I can't speak for the rest of the gang on your site as they definately have it out for me but I have trouble with some of the personal issues that were brought up from what I thought was a great post! At least I can be a guest and read the posts that are of interest to me. By the way, my new Quest panels are wonderful!! :icon_lol:

I also apologize for any misinterpretations that may have come up from all this stupidity but I suppose it shows our passion for good sound. Let's move forward. I think I'm going to cry!!!!!haha (humour)

vegasdave

« Reply #36 on: 28 Jun 2009, 01:35 am »
Believe me, I don't want this war at all!!! I just keep trying to tell him and some others on that weird site that when I put James's review up, it was only because I thought that coming from someone that has been so long in the business and has heard almost all speakers out there, he could really contribute to the forum. It had nothing to do directly to Bryston even though that was the amps being used of course!

Tonepub immediately attacked the brand and the person from his first post. This made me angry because it had nothing to do with the review but more of a personality issue. He seems to think that I am a God of Bryston and that everything thing else is crap to me!!!!!!! Maybe I did say things to make some feel that way however my intentions were pure and not malicious.

I feel I have no reason to explain myself to him or anyone else on their snobby website that in general does not cover Martin Logans interests but more their own. He is a major sponsor of the site as is Twich54 the moderator and both were my principal attackers. They obviously have me all figured out and think they know it all but I am not one to back down when it comes to ignorance. People like that are always fast to make assumptions about things they think they know when in real life, they are usually the least courageous and most unhappy.

I have received so many emails concernig this topic from both this site and the ML site agreeing that this person is way off but as I said, he is a major sponsor and who is going to challenge him? He may have a lot of knowledge because of what he does for a living but certainly has a strange way of sharing it with the rest of the normal world! I don't want to wake this topic up anymore than it needs to be and especailly I don't want to sound like them! I am trying to be resonable and calm but sometimes the personal insults are strange and I have even gotton some via email! I know there are laws against this and have kept them just in case thigings do escalate but I know how to defend myself menatlly and physically very well and as a trained martial artist, I can keep my calm and find humour and value in all of this!

Let's just say that the Martin Logan site is only for a chosen few that follow the olive branch! Not like this site (or most others for that matter!)where we can even joke around and talk about almost anything. I have learned so much about audio from people here and that is important after all, we all want to listen to music!

Well, they're antagonists. Perhaps they get a "kick" out of trashing Bryston and whatever brands they don't like. However, if you bash their favorites, they go ballistic. Very hypocritical.

It's all very juvenile and/or childish. They need to grow up, period. But, they won't. And it's a waste of time and energy trying to change them.

danman

« Reply #37 on: 28 Jun 2009, 01:56 am »
Twitch54 made a concious effort and I acknowledged it with respect. As for the other.... well.........................I do have my limits!

I like many brands and have been lucky to have owned some and listen to many others. I would never bash someones choice. We are each our own individual.

vegasdave

« Reply #38 on: 28 Jun 2009, 01:57 am »
Exactly.