The REGA P10 is on the way...

TONEPUB

The REGA P10 is on the way...
« on: 17 Jun 2009, 08:10 am »
Sitting at the Heathrow airport and just loaded a pic of one of the final working prototypes of the new P10....

http://www.tonepublications.com/gear/

New CD player and integrated as well.  We will have an article on the REGA factory visit later this month when the new issue comes out.

This is going to be awesome!

TheChairGuy

Re: The REGA P10 is on the way...
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2009, 01:56 pm »
Doncha' love how Rega and Roy Gandy seem unaffected by 'trends' in the market and just keep producing gear they feel merits placement in their line?

I've never owned a piece of gear from them...but their utter honesty about matters makes me want to purchase something from them in my lifetime.

Were it not for the ~40% upcharge from UK pricing I'd probably have taken a whack at that already.  But, that 40% bite takes steam out of their well known 'value' tag well earned in the UK.

Hi-end audio is a small-fry business overall, even in the US, so the designated US importer has to build in lotsa' margin to stay afloat - likely the biggest reason for the price spread between countries.

John

kenreau

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2009, 03:34 pm »
Nice Scoop Jeff!

That table looks awesome.  I really like to see the apparent k.i.s.s. principal in action.

I sure wish TonePub still had a forum here on AC... The TonePub blog is great, but I also enjoy the interactive aspect of having you guys on a forum.

Ciao!
Ken

bacobits1

• I spilled my fruitloops
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2009, 10:38 pm »
I wonder if the speed on that P10 will be correct??

D

TONEPUB

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2009, 04:54 am »
None of the current REGA product has a speed issue, probably hasn't been a big deal for about 25 years now.  My P3 and P9 are spot on....

Browntrout

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2009, 10:35 pm »
Well said.