Derek Jeter is a Hall of Fame player!

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Derek Jeter is a Hall of Fame player!
« on: 2 Jun 2009, 06:37 am »
I know many non-Yankees fans out there think Derek Jeter isn't a Hall of Fame player and that he has benefited tremendously from playing in NY, but last night he accomplished a feat that only three other players in the history of baseball have accomplished:

With his performance against Cleveland on Monday night, Derek Jeter became the fourth player in major league history to total 2,600 hits, 200 home runs and 1,000 RBIs in his first 15 seasons.

You might have heard of the other three players (who are all in the HOF): 

Hank Aaron
Stan Musial
Al Simmons

Before anybody says it, I am not trying to say Jeter is as good as Aaron or Musial.  I also acknowledge that he isn't the player he once was (which is the way it is supposed to be when you are in your 15th professional season), but if he never played another game, Jeter absolutely belongs in the Hall of Fame and will certainly be a first ballot inductee. 

Also, it's nice to be able to look at such an accomplished career during the last 15-20 years and not have it be tainted with scandals or drugs.

Kudos to Derek Jeter.

George
« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2009, 12:20 pm by zybar »

TF1216

• Industry Participant
Re: Derek Jeter is a Hall of Fame player!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2009, 10:59 am »
I have to agree with George.  There isn't much bad to say about Derk Jeter and his performance in the playoffs only add to his illustrious career.

Dan_ed

Re: Derek Jeter is a Hall of Fame player!
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2009, 11:49 am »
Yep, Jeter is shoe-in. Too bad he's a damn Yankee! :thumb: