Your bookmarked online webcasts/discussions about music?

low.pfile

So what podcasts/webcasts/broadcasts are you ACer's listening to which discusses music?

My submission: All Songs Considered

All Songs Considered is the place to discover music. The acclaimed weekly program ? available as streaming audio, a podcast and a broadcast ? melds contemporary music, live concerts, videos and artist interviews to offer a truly eclectic music mix.

Every week, host Bob Boilen and producer Robin Hilton listen to hundreds of new albums to find the artists or songs worth getting excited about, whether it's the latest Swedish pop band, a hip hop artist going ambient, or a singer-songwriter with a twisted new take on love. Sometimes, artists and music critics are invited to have a turns as guest DJ during the 30 minute program. Past celebrity DJs have included British pop sensation Lilly Allen, Conor Oberst from the band Bright Eyes and cult film director John Waters, who hosted a call-in Valentine's Day special.....

I found the topic of a this week's show interesting: Are there bands and albums that you know you should love, but for whatever reason just don't?

enjoy your music,
ed

alwayslearning

Re: Your bookmarked online webcasts/discussions about music?
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2009, 05:26 am »
Forums are more convenient for me than podcasts.

I enjoy reading at my liesure     http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/      with their variety of forum topics. I particularly enjoy exploring new music based on their "Reviews" of cd's.  The "Reviews" link is at the top of the page. 

Also     http://www.organissimo.org/forum/     has interesting input from worldwide participants.  Also a wide range of topics to wade into.

low.pfile

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2009, 06:06 am »
alwayslearning,

Forums abound, music included. But they are a different thing altogether. Podcasts are passive, while forums are active/interactive. I can listen to a podcast while reading a forum or magazine. They spool up automatically--waiting for me to hit the play button, and it's possible to pause them when need be; I find them very convenient.

There is a plethora of ezines, forums, blogs, etc. covering all varieties of music, I hardly know of any podcasts/broadcasts. So I am curious about individuals and pro media shows covering music. I know there are a number radio stations that present and discuss music rather than just play it. Wondering about those.

cheers,
ed

alwayslearning

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2009, 01:35 pm »
I relate to forums as discussions, hence my response to your post. 
Thanks for clarifying  your post as a desire for more podcasts & broadcasts specifically.