Your quick opinion on this neat little amp

nature boy

« Reply #20 on: 21 Dec 2003, 05:07 pm »
Hey Guys,

I have been PM'ing Bill with a few suggestions about a "starter package" with the modified Jolida 301 integrated amp.  Wow, all I can say is that if you have budding audiophile friends looking for an excuse to enter this hobby (addiction?), have them give Bill a call.

A modified 301, Music Hall CD25, and Epos bookshelf speakers for ~$1.1K.  He should be able to sell the heck out of these systems.  Send your friends with some extra X-Max $ Bill's way, they will not be disappointed. :mrgreen:

NB

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #21 on: 21 Dec 2003, 05:57 pm »
Okay, here's the deal. I am amazed by all the positive, no make that supportive, feedback this thread has received in only two days. With that in mind and the few PMs I have received, I have decided to put together a nice little package system based on this upgraded 301.

Below is a link to the page on my website that has the details on this system. I hope you wil visit and let me know your thoughts.

I do ask that we move further communication to the Response Audio Circle. After all, that's what it's here for. Thaks a million to everybody who has submitted their feedback and opinion on this new little venture.

http://www.responseaudio.com/systems_packages.htm

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #22 on: 22 Dec 2003, 08:13 pm »
Greetings all,
   After opening and starting the first upgraded JD301, I have found that they have changed things a bit. The circuitry is now different and they are now installing an Alps Blue volume pot, no need to remove this.

The changes, or should I say Additions, I have made are as follows:
  All amps will now have all the signal path 1/4 watt (quality unknown) resistors replaced with Dale/Vishay 1/2 watt metal film, 1% non-magnetic pieces.
  The power supply filter capacitors bypassed using AuriCap capacitors.
  The tube stage coupling caps will now be replace also with higher voltage AuriCaps.

Due to the small increases in parts cost the past few days (I have just been notified), the new pricing will be as follows.

Pricing - (Brand new, complete units)
 as listed above - $560
 without tube board repositioning - $510
 More options listed below.

Upgrades
  For amplifier sent in for these upgrades, the pricing is as follows.
   As listed above - $180
   Without tube repositioning - $135

I do have one amp jsut about complete that I will sell for $470 (tubes in original postition) with all the new additions utilized. This one is a first come-first serve.

The package systems as listed on my site will not change at this time but there is a possibility of a slight price increase after the first of the year if our cost on those products rises.

JoshK

« Reply #23 on: 22 Dec 2003, 08:39 pm »
My honest reply...

I'd probably be more interested in the stock unit for self-modding.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #24 on: 22 Dec 2003, 09:05 pm »
Hi Josh,
   There are many people that will want to "play" on their own. Afterall, I think that's what brings a lot of people to this site.
   The reasoning for offering the upgraded unit is obviously for those who don't have the knowhow, time or interest in doing their own thing and want something ready to plug in and start listening to music.
  This is another reason for offering them at a reasonable price.