Foobar gurus: please help me make my screen look pretty

chadh

I know there must be some foobar 2000 gurus out there.  I have two questions for you:

1)  I started to work on correcting the tagging for my flac library, and thought it would be a good idea to include album cover artwork in the tag attached to each song.  But now, when I select an album to play, foobar no longer shows me the artwork for the album.  It announces that it identifies multiple covers (I presume that means one for each track on the album).  If I select individual tracks directly everything works fine.  Do I need to rework the tags so that the album artwork is attached only to the album?  Or is there some sort of setting that I can change so I can see the artwork when I select a whole album?

2)  I have foobar running on a little netbook that is dedicated only as a server for my music.  When I'm listening, the screensaver will eventually pop up while foobar is playing.  I'm hoping that some smart person has devised a screensaver that will display the artwork from the album that is currently being played.  Does anybody know of such an application?

Many thanks.

Chad

BradJudy

Re: Foobar gurus: please help me make my screen look pretty
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2009, 01:43 am »
Foobar doesn't like it when album artwork is both a file in the directory and directly attached to the files.  To make it happy, you need to have either one or the other, but not both.  Fixing this has been on the feature request list for foobar for a long time, so I don't know when/if it will be fixed.

chadh

Re: Foobar gurus: please help me make my screen look pretty
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2009, 01:48 pm »

Ah, so the "multiple files" that foobar finds are not the multitude of individual covers attached to the various files, but are the cover file sitting in the directory and the file attached to the individual track?  Well, that's pretty easily fixed.

Many thanks.

Chad