power pack approach

rmurray

power pack approach
« on: 13 May 2009, 04:10 pm »
Has any member used the powerpack idea? I was cosidering this as a 4b stand alone alternative. :oops:. My speakers have alot of area on the rear to scew them to.  aa...... aa  RMURRAY

Alphonse

Re: power pack approach
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2009, 12:31 am »
Yep, I am currently using a pair of PP300SSTs with a BP6 preamp.  The amps power a pair of Dynaudio Confidence 5 speakers.
Currently also using an Arcam DV29 and Pioneer 51FD Blu-Ray as sources hooked to a Samsung LCD TV.

Nice clean sound with excellent midrange tonality and great imaging on music and video (Good old fashioned Stereo)!

I have the amps mounted to the back of my TV stand.  Totally out of sight.  Literally and Figuratively transparent.

Al

rmurray

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2009, 04:13 pm »
Hello, glad we're back on line. My last post was asking if the powerpack 300 was of the squared design .I think the message never got out before the breakdown.Thanks to anyone that knows...... RMURRAY. aa

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2009, 04:29 pm »
Hello, glad we're back on line. My last post was asking if the powerpack 300 was of the squared design .I think the message never got out before the breakdown.Thanks to anyone that knows...... RMURRAY. aa

Hi,

No the PPacks are SST not SST SQ

james

rmurray

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2009, 11:50 pm »
 :wink:Thanks James..........rmurray.