Custom-designed coffee

PhilNYC

Custom-designed coffee
« on: 10 May 2009, 08:26 pm »
I was recently introduced to this website:

http://www.theroasterie.com/myblend/

The company has some very good coffees that they sell.  In addition, they also work with some chefs/restaurants around the country where the chef will design a coffee and the company then co-markets that coffee to consumers (co-branded with the restaurant). 

What they do at the "My Blend" link above is this...they have a short questionaire that you fill out, answering specific questions about what your favorite coffee traits are...then they custom-roast/blend beans for you to match what your preferences are and sell it to you (minimum purchase of 2lbs of beans).  I tried it and was quite impressed not only at how good the coffee was, but also how well it matched up with the answers I gave them in the questionaire....

spudco

Re: Custom-designed coffee
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2009, 12:46 pm »
I gave it a try and was suprised that the blend was very close to the blend I currently drink.  A fun exercise...  I loved making a private label...  but a bit high on the price and shipping.

turkey

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2009, 04:09 pm »
I really like a good Mocha-Java blend, so I probably don't need a custom-designed blend to reinvent the wheel. :)

PhilNYC

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2009, 04:39 pm »
I agree it's a bit expensive.  But I think it's fun that you can name your coffee and upload a logo for them to print on the bags that the beans come in.  Makes for a nice gift for friends who are into coffee... 8)

jaywills

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2009, 07:42 pm »
I have an idea, based upon my wife:

Crazy Woman Coffee.  Look at it funny and it boils itself.