Suzanne Vega "Retrospective"

Tonto Yoder

« on: 18 Dec 2003, 01:34 pm »
Two versions: one US, one UK. The first just has one CD, the second two CD's and a bonus DVD. $14/35 respectively.

http://www.suzannevega.com/MailingList/mailingList12112003.htm#8

Samples available @ above.

hifitommy

the toms diner album
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2003, 04:40 pm »
i have it on vinyl, a xmas present this year form my daughter ;^)  and on commercial cassette.  i suppose i should get the cd just for completeness but who needs the cd?

Tonto Yoder

Re: the toms diner album
« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2003, 05:18 pm »
Quote from: hifitommy
i have it on vinyl, a xmas present this year form my daughter ;^)  and on commercial cassette.  i suppose i should get the cd just for completeness but who needs the cd?

Do you know where the vinyl came from??  I knew of the single CD "Retrospective" before, but just now became aware of the 2CD/ 1 DVD UK set (and ordered it from musictoday).

hifitommy

she got it on the net
« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2003, 06:39 pm »
for $50!  i passed it up once for $8 because i thought it was too much...

if you want, i can have her locate another and link you to it.

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2003, 07:28 pm »
hifitommy,
thanks for the offer, but $50 seems a bit too steep.  Tell your daughter that my birthday is coming up soon! :lol:

hifitommy

YUP, $50 IS STEEP,
« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2003, 08:35 pm »
i wouldnt have paid that but she loves her daddy.  ;^)

SWG255

« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2003, 10:40 pm »
I thought the single U.S. CD release was interesting for the re-mixing/re-mastering of some of her songs like "Luka", "Small Blue Thing" etc. I didn't already have 99.5 Degrees, but had just purchased "Red and Gray". I prefer "Red and Gray" overall to the retrospective, but I'm still glad I have both.

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #7 on: 24 Dec 2003, 09:38 pm »
I got my order today in the mail and was disappointed to find just two music CD's of 29 songs and NOT the DVD I was expecting.  Going back through the Suzanne Vega site, I realized my mistake--there are actually THREE versions of "Retrospective," two of them with the same front cover. The package I thought I was ordering is actually called "Retrospective: Sound & Vision" (i.e. 40 songs plus the DVD).