FLAC rips VS SACD

Dan Driscoll

Re: FLAC rips VS SACD
« Reply #20 on: 7 May 2009, 04:16 pm »
not true, dvd-a was broken a while ago and you can rip the files to wav files with 'dvda explorer' the latest version is "DVDAExplorer2008.07.21"

I am aware that CPPM has been cracked, but cracking a copyrighted and watermarked disc is illegal in the US. Since almost all DVD-Audio disks are copyrighted... :nono:

The OP said he was also planning to get a Squeeze Box, which means he intends to do the playback through his home theater/audio system, not his PC speakers. If the DVD-A data is stored on his PC he would need some way to get those 6 channels of audio from the PC to his audio system. I don't know about everyone else, but most of the people I know don't have their home computer in the same room as their HT/audio system and running 6 audio cables from the PC to their system doesn't have a very high WAF. So IMO the easiest solution for most people is put a universal DVD player into their rack.

And lastly, while DVD-A may have been cracked, SACD has not. Again, I don't know about most people, but I damn sure do not want to have two different systems for playing back DVD-A and SACD. What a PIA that would be.  :thumbdown: