BDA-1 standby mode purpose

Aramys

BDA-1 standby mode purpose
« on: 28 Apr 2009, 08:11 pm »
Oh... I like this moment... I'm waiting for my new BDA-1 which should be at home at the end of the week if everything is ok. I added a shelf in my HiFi cabinet yesterday... I'll build a pair of xlr cables tonight or tomorrow... My BP26 (THE Bryston's bargain) is waiting for his new friend now.

I have a question for James regarding the standby mode of the BDA-1 : what's the purpose of this mode ? is it only to allow remote on/off operation or is it also to stabilize some circuits with permanent power (something often seen in DACs) ?

Aramys

...can't wait... :wink:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BDA-1 standby mode purpose
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2009, 09:25 pm »
Oh... I like this moment... I'm waiting for my new BDA-1 which should be at home at the end of the week if everything is ok. I added a shelf in my HiFi cabinet yesterday... I'll build a pair of xlr cables tonight or tomorrow... My BP26 (THE Bryston's bargain) is waiting for his new friend now.

I have a question for James regarding the standby mode of the BDA-1 : what's the purpose of this mode ? is it only to allow remote on/off operation or is it also to stabilize some circuits with permanent power (something often seen in DACs) ?

Aramys

...can't wait... :wink:

Hi,

Yes just to allow the remote to communicate.
Who did you order the DAC through?

james

Aramys

« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2009, 10:05 pm »
Hi James,

I ordered directly from your official distributor in France (JBK Marketing).

Aramys
« Last Edit: 1 May 2009, 02:33 pm by Aramys »

Dilbert

« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2009, 06:30 pm »
James, just to expand this a little, does any other circuitry remain active in standby as well?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2009, 06:32 pm »
James, just to expand this a little, does any other circuitry remain active in standby as well?

Hi Dilbert,

No - just as stated above in the earlier post which i got from engineering.

james