Please Post HQ Pics of Neo-2x in PA Curved Cabinets

raymondbeautrix

Please Post HQ Pics of Neo-2x in PA Curved Cabinets
« on: 28 Apr 2009, 06:45 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I've just placed an order for a neo-2x and am trying to make a decision on what color cabinet to go with from parts express.  I'm looking at the .5ft^3 curved cabinets either maple, cherry, or piano black.

Yes, I know this is just a silly aesthetic question.  If anyone has one of these cabinets and could post some high resolution pics that would be an incredible help.  The pics on the PA website are very grainy and hard to distinguish.  Technically, I don't even need a pic of the exact same cabinet, just what the surface will look like from any cabinet that would have the same surface.

Also, I'd be open to 'aesthetic advice' on which color to go with, but I know of course it's mostly about personal preference.

Thanks,
Ray

KS

Re: Please Post HQ Pics of Neo-2x in PA Curved Cabinets
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2009, 08:30 pm »
I've seen both cherry and piano black.  Both look good--I'd get either again.  Would the light wood, dark wood, or the black best suit your decor?  The gloss black shows every minor scratch, as gloss black does.  A touch up with black paste shoe polish looks great!

raymondbeautrix

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2009, 04:39 pm »
Well, I ended up settling on the maple cabinets.  The main concern with the cherry ones, though they do seem quite attractive, would be how it would match my surroundings in my room.  Similar concern with the piano black, but also that it will have more upkeep dealing with scratches, fingerprints and dust.  I like the simplicity and neutrality of the maple cabinets so I think it was a good choice.

I should have the final product assembled and at my home in ~ 2 weeks, so I'd be happy to post the pics for anyone else who was curious how they looked up-close.

dvenardos

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2009, 06:44 pm »
Are you set on the PE cabinets? You can get cabinets built very reasonably. Check with elemental designs and eargasm here on the forums.

EARGASM

• No thanks.
« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2009, 09:34 pm »
Removed by member.
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2009, 03:31 pm by EARGASM »

raymondbeautrix

« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2009, 02:58 am »
Yea, I can't begin to tell you how huge an upgrade the N2X is for me.  Well, yes I can.  I just upgraded from a logitech 5.1 system since half the speakers were broken.  I tried these studio monitors by m-audio (bx5a) and though I enjoyed the clarity, the treble was so harsh and shrill it hurt my ears.

So, as you can see, I'm only a 'beginner audiophile'.  Still, I'd like to believe I have discerning ears from the >10 years playing the violin.

raymondbeautrix

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2009, 06:43 am »
Now then, if anyone were to post pics of their N2X in PA Cabinets while I anxiously await the arrival of mine, I certainly wouldn't take issue with that  :D

dvenardos

raymondbeautrix

« Reply #8 on: 4 May 2009, 02:05 am »
~_~