Stratos Monos compatability with cdp?

hoochie39

Stratos Monos compatability with cdp?
« on: 25 Apr 2009, 02:09 pm »
I Have a Stratos Monos Extreme w/glass ceiling upgrade.  I am running a Resolution Audio Opus 21 direct to the amps...the sound I am getting is not as full or BIG as I feel it should be.  My previous amps, Wyred 4 Sound seemed much more room filling and complete.  I'm wondering if there is a compatibility problem between the front and the amps...will a pre-amp help in this situation?
Thank you.

loki1957

Re: Stratos Monos compatability with cdp?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2009, 08:22 pm »
I'm running the same amps with a Jadis JD3 CDP. I was running the CDP straight in as well but the volume control wasn't fine enough. The sound was great. I picked up a Creek OBH 12 passive pre and am very happy. I now have the control over the volume I lacked and no degradation in sound from the pre.

Great amps.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2009, 09:19 am »
Yes.

hoochie39

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2009, 02:03 pm »
well, I'd like to say thanks to Klaus for his lengthy reply...AND, I'd also like to add that just through experimentation I have discovered that my Odyssey mono's like to have their own individual outlets, or maybe the cdp didn't like sharing the same circuit with the amps.  Anyway, the Odyssey's now are plugged into different outlets AND things sound good again.  Thanks.