Hello to all

styles997

Hello to all
« on: 21 Apr 2009, 10:14 am »
Hi guys, I've just found this sub-forum through the Omega site that I did'nt know existed. My name's Simon and I'm a UK resident. A little under a year ago I reduced the size of my listening equipment and went down the high-sensitivity route. I now own a little flea power Kingrex 8wp/c Dac/Amp combo with a dedicated power supply, and use my Macbook or iPod solely for playing lossless files as it's source. When it came to hunting down some used high sensitivity speakers I tried a few and narrowed it down to 2: some Snell K2's which are very popular over here being British and all, and a pair of Omega TS2R's. I went with the Omega's and they totally blew me, and everyone else that has heard them away. For such a small set-up I can easily fill my medium size room with totally blissful music. This was coming down from a bit of a monster, wife unfriendly, 150wp/c pre/power combo into some ma gold series speakers.
Sure I dont get the same volume now, but it doesn't half sound soooo much easier and truer to a live recording.
So, thankyou Louis for making a great speaker of which i know little about lol, and hello to the rest of the Omega world.
P.s, why no uk distributor for this awesome brand when we brits love our little valves....?

Alwayswantmore

Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2009, 01:01 am »
Welcome to the Omega Circle. Glad you are enjoying your new low-power minimalist rig. Many of us went through an evolutions similar to yours.

Happy listening! Kent

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2009, 03:04 am »
I also went from a high power system to Omegas and a ~6-8 wpc (triode or UL) el34 set amp . I had a 5wpc Trends tripath amp before I built the set as well. One nice thing about the Omegas is a simple, lower power tube amp works great, so you're saving money there too.

Dave

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2009, 09:37 pm »
Hi Simon,

Thanks and welcome. Great news about your TS2s. They were very popular a while back and don't see too many popping up used. The King Rex will drive them easy.

Dave is correct and if you go with tubes you will have a great sound.

Thanks,
Louis