FS: SME V Tonearm ........... MINT w all accessories.........!!!!SOLD!!!

toobluvr

Still available.

toobluvr

Search "completed items" on EBay and see that recently four (4) of these arms have sold in the $2000 to $2700 range.

If you have an interest,  think seriously about pulling the trigger now.  Don't hesitate with the hope that my price will get much cheaper....cause it won't.

My next step is to put it up on auction where if history repeats, it has a good chance of fetching a bit more than my price here.

Buy it now and avoid the hassle of bidding and possibly paying more, or losing out altogether.

« Last Edit: 28 May 2009, 03:06 pm by toobluvr »

toobluvr

toobluvr

Auction ends tonight.

Reasonable reserve.  Get yer bids in!

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?anlgtnrm&1243474709

BobM

It's still bid way low over there. Someone could pick up this beauty for a song.

toobluvr

Reserve not met...still available.

toobluvr

I will be putting this up on E-Bay this week.

whubbard

Might want to wait on putting it up on Ebay...Another one is on Agon for $1895 and nobody seems to be bitting. It's just a rough time right now and I worry that if you put it up on Ebay you won't hit your reserve (unless you go NR, which will help increase interest, but I don't think you are willing to do), therefore just losing fees to Ebay.

-West

toobluvr

Thanks West.....

Just last week, an identically priced V got snatched up on AG on the very first day.....maybe suggesting that it was priced just a bit low?  I'm surprised this one is still available.    :scratch:

I've been watching these on E-Bay for the past month or so.  Over that time, about six arms have sold......none below $2000, and one as high as $2600!

For some reason they fetch more on E-Bay than AG.  Probably d/t the greater international traffic on that site.  Being British, SME is a very well known and desired brand in Europe.

Jeff M

Throw it on epay for $2200 BIN, make offer or whatever. It should sell. Much more traffic and people looking for specific items will find it via keywords instead of casual browsing like on agon. It took me several tries to sell my SME 309 and VPI TT.

toobluvr

Throw it on epay for $2200 BIN, make offer or whatever. It should sell. Much more traffic and people looking for specific items will find it via keywords instead of casual browsing like on agon. It took me several tries to sell my SME 309 and VPI TT.

Thanks Jeff....

I did consider doing it that way, but I think the best strategy is to auction it with a low starting price, and a reserve for protection.  I could be wrong, but this is what I gleen just from observing things.

I think a low starting bid price really stimulates interest and gets lots of eyes on the item.  Then people start bidding, and feeling around for the reserve.  After that, anything can happen as emotions and egos come into play, oftentimes driving up the price.  And obviously, the reserve gives floor protection.

I think a low starting bid price is the key.  For example, a few weeks ago a guy started his SME V auction at $1900.  It expired w/o a single bid.  A few days later he started his auction at $1700, and it got bid up to $2000.   Defies logic that just a few days earlier, the same exact item could have been had for $100 less by the first bidder.  But that's E-Bay for ya and how emotion effects things.

whubbard

I believe fee wise you are better starting at $1 with a $1800 Reserve, then starting bidding at say $1700 or a BIN at $1800...

-West

Jeff M

You still have to pay final value fees, no matter which format you choose. I prefer to list BIN w/BO. Eliminates all of the goofy $2 increment bid wars that really do nothing. Serious buyers like BIN's  :thumb:.

toobluvr

SALE PENDING!

:thumb:

toobluvr

SOLD!

Enjoy, West.....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

:birthday:    :beer: