Two SB3 questions.

Blackmore

Two SB3 questions.
« on: 13 Apr 2009, 02:19 pm »
1. When did local radio stations get added to my Internet Radio options? 
2. My Squeezebox used to got to sleep (black screen) when my Mac slept and parked its hard drive.  Now my SB3 never goes to sleep even if the computer and external hard drives are off.  Makes getting the SB3 up and running a lot easier now.  Did something in the Squeezecenter change?  TIA.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Two SB3 questions.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2009, 02:58 pm »
Hey Mark,
Did you do a firmware update?  :scratch:
Other than that, I'm not sure why anything would have changed.
Are all of our STL stations on there? How do they sound?

Bob

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2009, 03:02 pm »
Just the recent update that Chris Hoff posted about.  Nothing else changed except that I started unplugging it at night to save some "vampire energy waste". 

35 local stations are on.  Sounds OK, but for me it's great to be able to get KDHX and Classic 99 in the front room.  I live too far out for good over-the-air reception.  Pretty cool!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2009, 03:05 pm »
Yea, KDHX would be neat to have on the system.

I vaguely recall the update Chris posted about, but don't remember what exactly it was in reference to.  :oops:

Bob

Blackmore

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2009, 03:16 pm »
Just the latest update version 7.3.2   Anyway, it's fun to listen to the local stations.  Didn't know some of them existed.  Going to check them out this morning.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2009, 03:21 pm »
I'm using 7.3.2 as well.
Most likely your default settings changed when you upgraded. There a bazillion different setting for what you want to happen in sleep mode, off mode, etc... I like the snow flakes in sleep mode personally.   :lol:

Bob