Heads up on items

wedweb

Heads up on items
« on: 11 Apr 2009, 10:50 pm »
Is there a thread for posting about gear or media one may come across and want to tell the group about?

Today, April 11th 2009, I ran across a Sony ES cassette deck and Sony ES 5 disc cd player, both with the wood sides at the Goodwill in Alton.  Both were priced at $50 each.  If they had been the normal 10 to 25 dollars each I would have bought them.  But since I don't need them, I didn't buy them.

Bo

electricbear

Re: Heads up on items
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2009, 03:27 am »
"Is there a thread for posting about gear or media one may come across and want to tell the group about?"
You just started it. Thanks  :lol:

wedweb

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2009, 01:54 pm »
Ok...that is fine.  If someone posts a lead and another member acts upon it, a report of the find and purchase would be cool.  Kind of live vicariously through others type thing. :)

Bo

wedweb

« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2009, 01:00 am »
The Salvation Army store in Granite City has some more albums and CD's.  I picked up a few CD's.

The GW in Glen Carbon (GW-GC) had a Marantz DVD player.  Not one of the top models but for $15.

The GW-GC had two manual focus Minolta SLR cameras and a couple of lenses.  They also had a Nikon FE2 with Vivitar zoom lens too.

Anybody have any heads up on items?  A friend reminded me of Glen Carbon's large trash pickup.  I have found items that way too.

Bo

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2009, 02:41 am »
I think this is a great thread.  Another heads up, 'tho a bit dated, but three months ago there were TWO Technics DD SL-1200 mk II  turntables at a pawn shop off I-44 in Lebanon, Mo in passable condition.  I forget the price but I think it was around $300 the pair.  PM me for more specific directions if you want.