Andrew Bird a must see!!!

laserboi

Andrew Bird a must see!!!
« on: 11 Apr 2009, 04:13 pm »
Hey Everybody,

On Friday night I had the great fortune to see Andrew Bird and company perform live at the Civic Opera House in Chicago.  The show was by far, one of the best shows I have ever seen.  The music of course was fantastic as well as the interludes with Bird showing off his very unique personality.  The sound was amazing and I can honestly say that this was the best sounding show I've ever attended. 

He used these speakers, http://www.specimenproducts.com/amps/XLHorn.html and they produced very dynamic and smooth sound that was able to fill the entire concert hall.  We were seated on the upper balcony, third row from the front and it was amazing.  I must recommend to everyone here that if Andrew Bird comes to your town that you should definitely take the time to enjoy one of his shows.

Thanks for reading,

Pete

GregN

Re: Andrew Bird a must see!!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2009, 04:22 pm »
I wasn't a huge fan of his first album (most of it just didn't grab me, and I listened at least a dozen or more times) but I do appreciate what he's doing. He's not cookie cutter, in other words, which counts a lot for me.

Bird is an AMAZING whistler, btw. That something nobody does on the indy/rock/pop scene. I could easily imagine that concert being a great spectacle at the Civic Opera House in Chicago.