New AOpen tube motherboard with Sovtek, WIMA, WBT,cardas...

Eduardo AAVM

I think it ismore audiphile than many audio products around...

Good parts at least...

Incredible don't you think so ?

ABEX

« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2003, 05:41 am »
"AOpen is a really wild and whacky idea"

Yeah,Aopen also has really wild whackey idea's for drivers also!LOL

Nice to see they are trying to capitalise on the audio market. Did that come from their site? I want to see what Anand has to say about it? Looks interesting.

Someone posted that they had heard a Computer system that knocked them over .I am not sayng it was that MB,but it seems it will not be to long before cmptrs will come inline with what we expect from good audio.

I will not be selling my speakers or amps anytime soon though.

Just thinking!

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2003, 05:52 am »
Hello Abex yes it comes from their site, in fact it is maybe the second or third generation of tube motherboard fromAOpenbut this is the best most audiophile one ever.

No I don't see me either listening in my room to a PC, but Iwillbe good to have at least adecent sounding PC in the office or homeoffice.

Phat Phreddy

• http://www.PhatPhreddy.net
« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec 2003, 10:57 am »
I dont know about tubes in an electromagneticly noisy area like the inside of a PC but as for PC audio not being ready I dissagree unless you have mega money in your system now..

A $100 Revo soundcard outperfoms my Onkyo Integra (I realize this is not real HiFi but it aint bad either) setup...

We havea user who favorably compared the M-audio 1010 rackmount to his lexicon setup (Bill Gaw reviewer for enjoy the music.. Its on thier site also) and you only have to look at the DAC specs for the newer Hammerfall RME cards against even 5 digit seperates to see that you are getting an awful lot for your money...

In the creation and masting of almost ANY CD audio you hear these days the source will have been repeatedly through a PC of one form or another, why is it OK at the mastering stage but not OK at the output stage.