Comfortable headphones for use with Icon Mobile

laincarvalho

Comfortable headphones for use with Icon Mobile
« on: 3 Apr 2009, 06:47 pm »
Hi all.

I'm starting my exploration of the high definition music world and would like some help with information regarding comfortable headphones in diferent price ranges that work well with the Icon Mobile DAC/headphone amplifier.

Should be confortable enough to not cause annoying sensations after several hours of continuous use.

Please suggest some non inner-ear phones as well.

If you have knowledge about trustworthy places where these could be bought at a discount and that ships internationly (i'm living in Brazil), please inform.

Thanks for your time,
Lain Carvalho

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Comfortable headphones for use with Icon Mobile
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2009, 01:41 pm »
WAIT for UF-30  :thumb:

face

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2009, 07:27 pm »
Audio Technica ATH-A700

Purchased them through Amazon.com.

rblnr

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2009, 03:56 pm »
Is the UF-30 still on track for May availability?  Any chance of a bundle deal w/the Icon mobile amp?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2009, 01:53 pm »
End of May at the earliest. Packaging stuff got delayed  :scratch:
No bundle deal, our products are high performance at low price already. We usually offer 15% introductory discount for a limited time or quantity so please sign up for the newsletter and wait for announcement.

Jason

rblnr

« Reply #5 on: 7 May 2009, 03:19 pm »
Fair enough on the price, thought I'd cast a line.  I'll go ahead with my amp purchase and wait out the 30s -- very curious about them.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2009, 07:21 am »
I read your bio on SonicFlare. You will like UF-30. It is clear and fast with tight bass. But it can also relax with slow music.

rblnr

« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2009, 01:51 pm »
Will definitely check them out when their avail., thanks.  Ordered the portable amp., btw

Since writing that bio, as my taste changes (a bit) and grows, have come to value the ability to portray depth as important as anything, and as a harbinger of a good speaker.  Not that that's particularly relevant to headphones :)
« Last Edit: 9 May 2009, 06:46 pm by rblnr »

neutralos

« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2009, 09:26 am »
I myself made a wonderful experience using the Koss Porta Pro listening to mp3 files of my PC. If I would say that this sound was one of the best I ever heard in the last years comparing to much more expensive systems nobody would believe that. Believe me that?s what made me inquisitive to check up a bigger Nuforce amp for my bigger listening room.

I still don?t know what was more responsible for this: the DAC section of Icon - the amp himself - the headphones - my taste - or all together ???

Now I read first time about the UF-30 ... God damn I am inquisitive again !! :-)

Rocket

« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2009, 01:28 am »
Hi Jason,

I bought a nuforce ne8 earphones whilst I was at War Audio on Saturday.  They are quite nice and much better than the standard ones that are supplied with ipod/mp3 player.

Regards

Rod