Hello to all Bryston fans ......... I'm new at this........ rmurray

rmurray

:scratch: I have a bp25 matched up to a 4b st amp. After eight years I'm still hearing improved details and smoothness. I'm thinking of an sst squared !  Is there a significant degree of fidelity? Would appreciate opinions from any owners of the sst series.... thanks .............. rmurray.

werd

:scratch: I have a bp25 matched up to a 4b st amp. After eight years I'm still hearing improved details and smoothness. I'm thinking of an sst squared !  Is there a significant degree of fidelity? Would appreciate opinions from any owners of the sst series.... thanks .............. rmurray.

The new bryston sst/sq amps are the best SS amps in the world, and i may not have said that about their sst series. so u cant go wrong, and the 4b isnt terribly expensive so world class quality is attainable. The bp25 can be upgraded to the mps-2 power supply for further improvement too. i went that way, just look at my pic.

danman

I am also thinking of doing the upgrade to the MPS-2. How much of a noticable difference did you hear?

werd

I am also thinking of doing the upgrade to the MPS-2. How much of a noticable difference did you hear?

There is a big noticeable diff. The pre isnt dry sounding at all  imo. as the bp25 was. The shunyata pythons i own make a big diff in that pre too. it brought that pre to life and relaxed it in the same breath. With the mps2 when u turn it up it gives u better dynamics and improved pace. The music just rocked out better.  It also fixed some extended higher freq. issues i had with the sst amp i used at the time too. We r talkin about the bp26 essentially the same pre.

rmurray

Thanks for the replies.appreciate your experince  ............. :drool: :drool:  rmurray

Dilbert

I have almost zero experience with the ST series. But, I do have years (25+) of experience with various DIY tube stuff. I am not talking about modded Dynaco ST-70's, here. I am talking about big and heavy, no compromise designs. (Although, I have warmed over a few Dyna's - they are really fun!)

Recently I plugged in a new 2B SST squared where my four chassis tube amp goes in my triamped system and after a few days of break-in, they are making some very nice noises.

I am so impressed, I have ordered a 4B SST squared. Highly recommended, IMHO.

rmurray

:roll: Hello to James Tanner. Could you clearify some info about faceplates on sst power amps? Can I get the c series in black, with handles and 19 inch width? Thanks again to all members.  RMURRAY

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
:roll: Hello to James Tanner. Could you clearify some info about faceplates on sst power amps? Can I get the c series in black, with handles and 19 inch width? Thanks again to all members.  RMURRAY

Hi RMurray,

Yes C-Series is available in Silver or Black 19 inch.

james