A/B Switch Box

Housteau

A/B Switch Box
« on: 31 Mar 2009, 05:50 am »
I would like to put together a simple high quality A/B Switch Box for single ended line level signals.  For my purposes it will actually just be a simple source selector between two components and not a test device.  I thought a simple DPDT toggle switch would do.  Are there any recommendations on a switch, female RCA jacks and wire?  Are there any decent quality ones for sale?

guest48077

Re: A/B Switch Box
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2009, 08:50 pm »
Hey,

If you look at my Gallery below you will see my DIY RCA Switch box.

I have 8 Stereo Inputs and 1 Stereo out. I used fairly high quality Copper wire to wire the whole thing. I used 4 (2 position) Switches. Down is ON for Input ONE on the first Switch, Up is ON for input TWO.....and so on. I bought a Basic Electronic Hobby Box for 35 bucks (its a heavy duty one) and I made a DIY face plate out of Oak. It came together nicely and worked perfectly the first try. If you would like my idea of the "schematic" I can scan it and post it. 

Housteau

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2009, 09:39 pm »
That looks very nice.  I went ahead and built a much more simple design for myself:

It is all I really need for now and sound good.  I made it so that the interconnects connected are the pair the toggle leans towards.

guest48077

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2009, 12:03 am »
Cool ! :thumb: