BP-26,Home at last

drummermitchell

BP-26,Home at last
« on: 28 Mar 2009, 04:01 am »
I just brought home a Bryston BP-26 and power supply(to audition)
I've only been using her maybe an hour and I have to say MUSICALLY SUPERB.
I've been using the Arcam av-8(direct for 2 channel)which I like alot,but this, and their not even
warmed up yet.She sounds closer to studio quality and as if your there close to live and the sound man knows his stuff.Anyway I'm so totally impressed,I'll return her on tues and order me a 19" BP-26.
Man,every Bryston pc.I get Brings me really close to the emotional side of music which has to do with
how Bryston components get out of the way of the music and and lets the music play music.
I'm one happy camper :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:.

werd

Re: BP-26,Home at last
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2009, 04:13 am »
Just remember to wipe the drool off before your return it.... :thumb:

drummermitchell

« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2009, 04:40 am »
That's tears of joy aa.I noticed something else which I can't explain,but is excellent.
As I had 2 Y cables going out of the Av-8,one half of the Y to each amp and the other half  to the DD-15 sub.i'd get the odd bass note that would stand out more than the others.With the 26,the whole bottom end is under control,bass notes are even ect.Nothing worse than a bass player playing louder than everybody else or anybody else for that matter.Seriously though the sub is under control,nice bonus.Nothing against bass players as I'm referring to my sub.I just thought that was quite interesting why the sub is on a leash now,I believe the 26 has alot more control over the bottom end than the AV-8 did.

werd

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2009, 05:10 am »
You got the 28's, turn it up lets hear it...... :lol:

1ZIP

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2009, 05:12 am »
I second what your saying about the BP-26.  I have had mine about a month, the BCD-1 about 3 months and even with my 4B ST the sound is amazing.....and seems to get better every day.  I started going through some CDs I haven't listened to in a long time....lost track of time....5 hours went by like one.  I, like you, am so impressed with the sound out of the Bryston setup.  I have a good friend that has an all McIntosh set up and after listening to mine he decided to try and talk his wife into coming over to the SS side.  I'm almost afraid to get an SST2 for fear of messing with the sound....I mean how much better can it get!!

werd

« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2009, 05:23 am »
I second what your saying about the BP-26.  I have had mine about a month, the BCD-1 about 3 months and even with my 4B ST the sound is amazing.....and seems to get better every day.  I started going through some CDs I haven't listened to in a long time....lost track of time....5 hours went by like one.  I, like you, am so impressed with the sound out of the Bryston setup.  I have a good friend that has an all McIntosh set up and after listening to mine he decided to try and talk his wife into coming over to the SS side.  I'm almost afraid to get an SST2 for fear of messing with the sound....I mean how much better can it get!!

No the 4bsq is an excellent partner for that pre and bda-1 .... get it and dont worry you wont mess up the sound. Its really the pinnacle of SS that combo.
I was looking for another preamp before i got this 4bsq. and now that i have it i cant imagine another pre in there. it makes that pre sound better too. It all works together really nice.

drummermitchell

« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2009, 12:51 pm »
Yes,I have to say that bringing Bryston components together keeps the music in the pocket :thumb:.
Or I could say it would be like pro musicans that haven't played  together for years,and they end up at
a Jam session,the musics hot,players are hot,she one hell of a jam,oops,their calling me back on stage,gotta go aa aa aa.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2009, 02:59 pm »
Don,

i told you the 26 is a special one... :thumb:.

go for it and enjoy!

al.