1 (100%)
Onkyo, Sony
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

New avr

warl

New avr
« on: 24 Mar 2009, 12:35 am »
I am looking to buy a new receiver. I have narrowed it down to 3 receivers. My choices are:
1. Denon 2309CI
2. Onkyo TX-SR706
3. Sony STR-DA3400ES
Anybody have any knowledge of these receivers, please give me your opinions, I need help.
Thanks

Mike19

• Carbona, not glue.
Re: New avr
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2009, 03:01 pm »
Hi warl.

IMHO, you should take the Sony off the list. Their products don't start get getting good until up in the higher priced "E" series.

You can't go wrong with either Onk or Denon. The Denon's are difficult to set up - crummy Manuals. But, many people prefer the Denon sound over the Onk - especially in stereo music playback. Not to say that the Onks sound bad, they don't. I have an 805.

I recommend that , if possible, you auditon the Denon and the Onk w/ the same speakers. Oh . . . for comparison, do try the Yamahas and Pioneers in this price range. Performance and feature wise, all of these brands are recommended. But, to many people, they sound different. So many choices. :roll:

Have fun shopping. :D

Mike

warl

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2009, 08:45 pm »
Hi Mike;

Thanks for the input. I have an older Yamaha and was very happy with it. I will look into Yamaha again. I'll let you know what I decide on. Thanks again.
Warren

jermmd

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2009, 11:23 pm »
Newegg has the ONKYO TX-SR876B for $899 shipped. That seems like a pretty sweet deal.