I just ordered Nuforce ICON amp and S1-W1 setup

Daeder

I just ordered Nuforce ICON amp and S1-W1 setup
« on: 20 Mar 2009, 09:04 am »
Hey guys, I'm a new member needing some help.

Ordered and coming in today, "tomorrow" when I wake up, hehe. Well I am now thinking about the S-1's and if they were worth it or not. I was thinking about Epos Els-3 as they are a bit more but maybe better? Reading both reviews obviously says that they are both pretty damn good deals. But what I'm saying is of course the Epos have good reviews as its been out since 2004 and s1 has been out only in mid 08, giving it not as much time for thorough reviews. Also being that they are a new company.

My main concern is should I get the Epos els3? Has anyone compared them as I've scoured the net and could not find any vs/comparison on them.

I am no audio expert but I do know good sound :D.

Thanks guys.

"Fix, I dont know anything, there not new company, lol"

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: I just ordered Nuforce ICON amp and S1-W1 setup
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2009, 08:50 am »
If you trust Nuforce enough to order Icon and W-1, then you should trust what we said about S-1.  Due to the wave guide and the full range driver, the sound quality is better than anything you can find at that price range. S-1 lack of bass is complemented by W-1 and they integrate seamlessly.

Daeder

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2009, 04:55 am »
Thanks for the reply Jason. Looking forward to some more new toys from you guys. Anything right now?

WerTicus

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2009, 07:12 am »
the full icon s1 w1 setup is... amazing.  then you look at the price and its more amazing :)

Toka

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2009, 06:28 pm »
the full icon s1 w1 setup is... amazing.  then you look at the price and its more amazing :)

What he said.  :thumb:

Daeder

« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2009, 11:17 pm »
Yeah it is pretty amazing. I'm still waiting for it to burn in, can't really listen to it as I gotta work so damn much and I don't want to leave em on.

WerTicus

« Reply #6 on: 2 Apr 2009, 06:05 am »
They do need a bit of a break in. I wouldn't worry about leaving them on all day - saves on waiting :)