Eye Catching Amplifiers

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Re: Niteshade Audio: Some VERY Good News!
« Reply #60 on: 23 Apr 2009, 02:47 pm »
Some options are becoming standard on our amplifier models:

Variable Negative Feedback will be installed on:

NS-4, NS-8, NS-15, NS-10

Tunable Biasing is standard on the following:

NS-10, NS-50, NS-100

Tube Rectification:

NS-15, NS-10, NS-8

« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2009, 11:57 am by Niteshade »

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: One of our BEST SIngle Ended Amplifiers
« Reply #61 on: 24 Apr 2009, 02:14 pm »
Niteshade Upgraded Single Ended Series

Remember that Niteshade Audio is flexiable.  The model shown is a 10 watt per channel single ended amplifier using F2A power tubes and special high quality wafer sockets. The best sub for an F2A is a 6550.  There is little, if any difference sonically.

Special Features:
One Electron output transformers
Choke Filtration
Zero feedback design
Tunable Biasing
The most efficient circuit available
Tube rectification
Color of your choice

Price as seen with 6550 tubes is $1,800.00 with shipping included.

We're always open to questions!  :D

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: One of our BEST SIngle Ended Amplifiers
« Reply #62 on: 26 Apr 2009, 11:00 pm »
Single Ended does not have to equate to low power!

In fact, we'll prove it this week.  :weights:

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: The Art Of Refinement
« Reply #63 on: 3 May 2009, 11:15 am »
Have you noticed that as a machine becomes more sophisticated it looks to be made from fewer components? I'm not talking about VLSI microchips- that's cheating! Refinement is not about compacting parts to make more real estate. It's about making something that used to take 20 parts and reducing it to 10 or 15 parts. THAT'S PROGRESS!

Oftentimes a refined product gets confused with a simple one. I believe that people get the wrong idea. If a machine is made with fewer parts yet does it's job the same as or BETTER than the original design- that clearly isn't a hallmark of simplicity.

I am a ****firm**** believer in design refinement. That is why my amplifiers work so well and have the ability to work trouble-free for a long, long time.

Pictures often speak louder than words.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: The Art Of Refinement
« Reply #64 on: 6 May 2009, 01:19 pm »
Why, exactly, is design refinement so important?

1] Better sound quality
2] Easy repairs and modifications
3] At least DOUBLE the longevity

Less is indeed more if and only if the job can be done better or at least the same as a machine containing more parts.

Streamlining is critical to a technology's survival.

As seasoned as tube technology is, we're still finding ways of improving it. Our products will reflect our mission to provide the best tube technology has to offer.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: Tube Amplification: Nothing else like it in the world!
« Reply #65 on: 7 May 2009, 09:20 pm »
Tubes are a very special electronics component. In some ways they remind me of integrated circuits that have many of a circuit's components built inside them and require just a few resistors, capacitors, etc.. to make them function. Pentodes are the most unique of tubes because of their high gain and simple structure. Did you know it is possible to make a single ended amplifier using a single EL84 per side and no other tubes? The same can be accomplished with a 6V6! I have done it several times and the results were fabulous. How much more down to earth can you get?

Because a tube amplifier can be developed with a minimum of support components, their circuits can be made very clean. As a result, point to point wiring is the ideal way to connect internal components together. A good, streamlined tube circuit that's point to point wired will last for years. Tube amplifiers are 50% user serviceable. Most of the time when something goes wrong it's due to a tube. Just remove the old tube(s) and replace them yourself. When a solid state amp goes bad- brace yourself for a whopper of a bill! It may not even be worth it to get it fixed. There's thousands taking up closet space...

Tube amps are the most customizable amps on the market! There are literally HUNDREDS of quality components made for tube amps. There are no limits on wattage, configurations or sound quality.

I wrote this for those who do not know much about tubes. If there are any questions, pleas ask!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: What type of tube amplifier do you want?
« Reply #66 on: 9 May 2009, 01:26 pm »
I have asked this question before:

"What kind of tube amplifier do you want and how much do you want to spend for it?"

People do not like that question! Really- it's not like going to the fuel station and saying, "I want to spend a $1.00 on gas today."

It's about saying, "I'd like an amplifier that can do this, this & this for $1,200.00"

I can build to your price point as long as it is reasonable.

Just provide a price point with some guideline specifications and I will provide a specification sheet to match.

This is a nifty way to get something special that you can afford!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #67 on: 9 May 2009, 03:48 pm »
What should I call this, the Tube Amp Buffet?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #68 on: 10 May 2009, 12:08 am »
There are several configurations to choose from.

Some of the more unique ones I like:

A:  4xEl84 per channel for 35 watts/channel
B:  Singlle Ended 6550 - 15 watts/channel
C:  Single Ended Parallel 6550 (30 watts per channel!)
D: 6N7 100% Triode Based Amplifier- Triode sound without the cost! (8 watts/channel)

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #69 on: 10 May 2009, 10:57 am »
I am going to tell you about the push-pull parallel EL84 amplifier mentioned earlier plus a SEP version.

PPP El84 circuits are incredible to listen to!  They produce an incredibly rich sound with a beautiful, unconstrained sound stage. The PPP circuit developed cleaner power than a standard PP (two tubes per channel) system because of load sharing. There is no doubt that El84 tubes perform at their BEST in this configuration. One of my specialties is parallel tube circuits.

Have you though of a EL84 Single Ended Parallel design? The same engaging attributes will be enjoyed as lasted above, but with a more organic, smooth flavor and around 20 watts per channel of pure, clean power.

Think very carefully about these El84 configurations. If it's time to try something new and you like the EL84, there is no better way to listen to them than through a PPP or SEP design. I guarantee it.

J. Royce Baron

« Reply #70 on: 10 May 2009, 12:14 pm »
with a more organic, smooth flavor

The Food Channel might be better venue.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #71 on: 10 May 2009, 01:52 pm »
Food & Music go along great together.  :D

with a more organic, smooth flavor

The Food Channel might be better venue.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: Eye Catching Amplifiers
« Reply #72 on: 12 May 2009, 10:38 am »

Tube amplification is an art form.

Christof

« Reply #73 on: 12 May 2009, 10:06 pm »

Tube amplification is an art form.

Very nice looking design....minimalist to say the least. 
I really like the white single ended you first posted.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #74 on: 12 May 2009, 11:41 pm »
"Very nice looking design....minimalist to say the least. I really like the white single ended you first posted."

Thank you! I like the white (it's off white) color. That amp was a special order. I would like to know whether other people would like off white.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #75 on: 13 May 2009, 12:35 am »
Limited Edition Classic Series

Eye Candy!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #76 on: 13 May 2009, 10:48 am »
Tubes were designed to be used in circuits that do not require many parts. These circuits have to be made smartly and their operation has to be effective and efficient for this strategy to operate. I have not seen too many 1920's & 30's amplifier circuits that looked like a forest of wires, resistors and capacitors. Tube amplifications' roots must not be forgotten. The future relies on us to exploit the superior building components available to further good designs.

My philosophy has always centered around using the advantages of components at my disposal. Why build something with more parts than necessary? Wouldn't you believe it is better to find ways to use less parts and increase performance?

Maybe you haven't thought of this: If there is a budget on how much to spend building something, it makes sense to streamline the design. In doing so, parts are removed AND there is additional money to buy higher quality components. This is a classic win-win scenario! A generous perk is the only side effect: Fewer parts + better quality parts = increased longevity.

Niteshade Audio is based on logical engineering practices, such as what is listed above.  We want you to know that what makes our equipment tick is based on solid, conservative designs.

Please submit questions! We're happy to answer them.  :D