James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Happy Customer - kudos to Mike Pickett
« on: 12 Mar 2009, 09:44 pm »
Hi James,

I justed want to say WOW. what service.

I brought my 2B-LP in for checking today. Mike just jumped right into it and showed me everything. Specifications better than I could even think of.

Now you earned a customer for Life. I have a 3BST coming in and Im sure to order a newer version amp to replace my 24 year old 2b which I still sold for $450.

Mike happily offered to check the warranty on my 11b  and gave me great directions how to get back to Toronto.

You've earned it. A customer for LIfe

Nate Birnbaum
Senior Engineering Technologist
NewPort Studio
Thornhill, Ontario.
AES Member

drummermitchell

Re: Happy Customer - kudos to Mike Pickett
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2009, 02:38 am »
Mike and JAmes,and all the bryston folk give 110%,I'm with you on that as I'm sure there are multitudes
of the same :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:.

ian.ameline

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2009, 02:52 am »
*YAWN* Tell us something we don't already know James :-) :-)

You guys are so consistently good at standing behind your products and going the extra mile to support your customers -- even owners of second and third hand Brystons -- that news like this, quite frankly, isn't news anymore.

-- Ian.

denjo

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2009, 03:20 am »

You guys are so consistently good at standing behind your products and going the extra mile to support your customers -- even owners of second and third hand Brystons -- that news like this, quite frankly, isn't news anymore.

-- Ian.

But is is worth reiterating and affriming! I won't get tired of hearing the kudos, even if it means the heaps of expected praises!  :D

Moon Doggy

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2009, 06:13 am »

-- Ian.

But is is worth reiterating and affriming! I won't get tired of hearing the kudos, even if it means the heaps of expected praises!  :D

Excellent point! I'll second and third that heap of expected praise :wink: I hope all the Bryston dealers appreciate the type of customer support they get from the Bryston team.

danman

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2009, 12:54 pm »
I would also like to add that James as well made me a customer for life by actually directing me to a second hand 4B-ST and starting me off about 6 months ago! He than sold me a basically new BP-20 from the company that they had in stock never used and built me a new power supply. I was very surprised by these actions but at the same time very appreciative! In today's world, it is rare to have a company bend over backwards for you this much. However, this is nice and all but what is most important is the fact this brand sells equipment that rivals companies at 4 times the price easily with incredible sound! Knowing you have a 20 year warrantee standing behind you makes it easy to sell and upgrade to a new model and the assurance of quality and peace of mind!

ian.ameline

« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2009, 02:56 pm »
Danman, James' actions in your case prompted me to get moving and order my BDA-1. Companies that behave this way deserve to be rewarded. (I'm not rich enough to order a pair of B28s -- My 4B-StPro works just fine.)

-- Ian.

danman

« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2009, 02:59 pm »
Yes there is definately a ripple effect to his actions that will lead others to at least experiment with the brand. I have introduced a few friends to the brand at my hous and they were very jelous. Maybe they will become potential customers as well.

SFOX

« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2009, 04:53 pm »
I have been using Bryston for twenty five years with never an issue with a component

I purchased an MPS-2 power supply to use with a BP-20 approximately three months ago and asked Mike if a dress panel was available to match the BP-20 cosmetics (not C series)

I visited the factory and he arranged to have the panel silkscreened with the Bryston logo etc while I enjoyed a coffee (in a Bryston mug of course)

Another customer for life !

b5pt9

« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2009, 05:08 pm »
I agree Bryston has fantastic customer service and this is largely why I support and promote them.  Disclaimer: I do buy lots of used Bryston stuff but I my BDA-1 was purchased new.

Anyway I just got off the phone with Mike and got some good tips on cleaning and refurbishing a 2B-LP and some 10B-STD crossovers that obviously spent many years in a smoky old bar.

Thanks Mike, James and everyone at Bryston!  :D

danman

« Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2009, 05:28 pm »
SFOX, how has the MPS-2 changed your BP-20?

werd

« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2009, 05:34 pm »
SFOX, how has the MPS-2 changed your BP-20?

I have a bp-25 with a mps-2 and it changed it dramatically. Alot more bloom,where as with the mps1 it was a little dry . Its a good upgrade and brings u inline with a bp26.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #12 on: 13 Mar 2009, 08:01 pm »
I have been using Bryston for twenty five years with never an issue with a component

I purchased an MPS-2 power supply to use with a BP-20 approximately three months ago and asked Mike if a dress panel was available to match the BP-20 cosmetics (not C series)

I visited the factory and he arranged to have the panel silkscreened with the Bryston logo etc while I enjoyed a coffee (in a Bryston mug of course)

Another customer for life !

...i have a Bryston coffee mug, too. Brian gave it to me. thanks again. and i agree that James is doing an unbelievable job here. brave!

thanx for your support,

al. :D

werd

« Reply #13 on: 13 Mar 2009, 10:09 pm »
Dont forget to cash those KUDO's in Mike....... :thumb: