Omega 2 mods

guest1721

Omega 2 mods
« on: 10 Dec 2003, 02:37 am »
Hi,
I recently aquired an Omega 2 with phonostage.  This is an older model, though I'm impressed with the parts selection (brown dale resistors, nice pots/switch).  I was wondering if I could get a copy of the schematic- the electrolytics, being probably 20 year old, should certainly be replaced, and there's a few other things I don't need that I'd like to re-do (pop out the balance control, etc.)  but to tweak with confidence I'd like a schematic.  Obviously, if it was a production unit, I wouldn't ask, but as it's long out of production, I'd appreciate a little help on this.

Thank you!

avahifi

• Facilitator
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Omega 2 mods
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2003, 01:30 pm »
Which Omega II preamp do you have?  It was available in our own chassis, and also in Dynaco Pat-4 and Pat-5 chassis.  I still have the original do-it-yourself kit manuals for those units available at $25 each.  They contain complete step by step build instructions, drawings, board layouts, parts lists and schematics.  Let me know which one you need and I will confirm availability.

Frank Van Alstine

guest1721

Pat-5
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2003, 02:41 pm »
It was built onto the Pat5 chassis.  I didn't realize you still sold the manuals for these, or else I would not have asked for a free schematic.  If it's available, I'll order one soon.
Thanks!