What is the strength or most you like from Von Schweikert Speakers?

Bursabaju

• Bursabaju.com
What is the strength from Von Schweikert Speakers? from other brands...

Thank you.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Soundstaging
Imaging
Transparency
Midbass slam
Tautness of low bass
Driver integration

Beyond that, not much :dunno:

underdog64

Bass!
Soundstaging
Works well with tubes or ss

McTwins

Great performance and plays all kinds of music. :thumb:

audiogarry

Their ability to "disappear" in the room! :green:

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
accuracy
dynamics,, integrated top to bottom
3D imaging
Transparency
Wide soundstage
rear ambient control
works with SS or Tubes,,, AVReceivers to Cost-no-object
Value
Customer Svc Support
The ability to speak with the designer himself,,, Mr Albert Von Schweikert

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Should have also mentioned that VSA offers a 10yr warranty....   The best I've seen out here is a 5 yr warranty on competitive product...  Best,, Jack

htradtk

All of the above. :thumb:

economides

Soundstaging
Imaging
Transparency
Midbass slam
Tautness of low bass
Driver integration

I totally agree with Gavin!!

By the way did you hear the VR5s?

Andrew

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Soundstaging
Imaging
Transparency
Midbass slam
Tautness of low bass
Driver integration

I totally agree with Gavin!!

By the way did you hear the VR5s?

Andrew

Wow what a listening room!  We head up north for the VR5 listening session this Saturday.  I will report back.

DRjam

Overall coherence with any kind of music.  It's musicality.  Total immersion to the music for HOURS on end. :drool:

WGH

To put it simply, Von Schweikert speakers are time machines.

I'm listen to Everybody Digs Bill Evans and have been transported to 1958.

Wayne

Bursabaju

• Bursabaju.com
Woowww, sounds great from all of you guys.

But I am still curious about this lovely speakers.

I'd like to try to buy VR4 JR from Mr. Albert Von Schweikert.
I have already sent an email to him.

So I can't wait to hear what I will received from his reply.

Thank you so much everybody...for your comments here.

Jaco Pastorius

• On a sinkin ship,women and rythm section first!
As a hobby musician I like that they can sound spooky real.At their best they completely dissapear and allow the MUSIC to come through! Time-machines like Wayne said.  :thumb:

Just remember that they will show you what the rest of your system sounds like.So be prepared to maybe work with the rest of your equipment,room,placement aso,but that doesn't mean they are difficult analytical like most other "high-end" speakers I've heard are.They normally have a lovely balanced sound,and sounds very like one-piece as long as the placement is allright,the room isn't to small for VR4s, and the amplifier isn't struggling with the bass-section of the VR4-models,which can be a little hard to drive properly with some tube-amps.I found the bass-section of the VR4Jr to be easier to drive than my VR4genIIISE.

I guess its possible to get good advice in this forum of what equipment are a good match with VS speakers.

Best,
Rune

Bursabaju

• Bursabaju.com
Please help me to find the VR4 JR speakers.

I wonder that everybody love the Von Schweikert products.

Hopefully, Mr. Albert Von Schweikert want to reply my pm and help me to get one of his products.

Thank you.

McTwins

Jaco....
As you said, very realistic instrumental sound. Its is true that the room acoustics is very important as I have discoverd. The speakers sounded very bad in the beginning but never doubted that the speakers was the problem, more my room problems. Now, its a different story. :D

About amps, dont have any problems with the bass when running it with my Quads 909.

Thanks

MichiganMike

I'd like to try to buy VR4 JR from Mr. Albert Von Schweikert.
I have already sent an email to him.

Unfortunately, VR4 JR MKII speakers were discontinued many months ago and the VR 4JR MKI was discontinued a couple years ago.  You may be able to find a dealer with a pair of VR4 JR still in inventory or purchase a pair used, but I would be surprised if Mr. Von Schweikert will be able to personally locate these discontinued speakers for you.  A successor for the VR4 JR, the VR4 Anniversary (reportedly a substantial improvement and $6000/pair) was announced in 2007 but the date these will be available remains uncertain as reported in other threads in the VS Owner Circle.   

You may face an additional challenge in finding a reliable seller willing to ship these speakers to Indonesia, which you inquired about in another thread.  The "burned voice coil" thread in this Circle is unfortunately a reminder of the risks in buying used speakers without the opportunity to fully evaluate them.   

Good luck in your hunt for VR4 JR speakers.   

« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2009, 08:35 pm by MichiganMike »

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Dear All,

The strenght of the VSA speakerline is that they sound very realistic like real music.
Due to Albert's knowledge of Psychoacoustics and well trained in music he was able to design speakersystems who "fits in our brain".
We can easily understand more of the original music (or any other natural sound) coming from his speakers.

The Unifield III is, so far, the best sample of Albert's goal to reproduce the sound of real music into any usual room we live in.

As a soundengineer for many years now I know the VSA speaker can translate a recording like the original.

If the soundsystem can give the wright signal and energy to the VSA's you will get this real music into your room.
As Albert always declare; 'My speakers sound exactly as an acoustic instrument will sound like in the same room'.

Just try, hear and enjoy the music.

Regards,

Cor
www.musicalreality.nl

JackD201

Stat like clarity and speed and badd@ss thunder down below. I agree with everything said earlier but there is something I'd like to add. Most speakers have listening level ranges that are rather narrow. Kind of like... "My speakers start to sound good at 9 o'clock, sound best at around 10 to 11 then break up as I get close to 12". Sounds familiar right? Yeah we've all been there.  With the VRs (I've lived with Gen III HSEs, Jr Mk1 and Mk2s, SR Mk.1s, VR-5s and finally reached VR-9s) I noticed that music still sounds complete even at very low levels. On the other end they can pummel you into submission if you become foolhardy. This is what always has me going back to VRs for my own use. They play everything well for as long as they are fed with good clean signals and power.

Once VRs are properly set up and  dialed in they simply get the heck out of the way of the music. I know of very very few others that can do so as convincingly and to date none that can get out of the way the way the VR-9s do. I just might be eating crow soon however since there are a pair of VR-11s in our warehouse waiting to be installed.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Hi Jack,

You are very wright!
Becoming an Artist on this?

I know what it is waiting to feel the musical energy of the VR 11 SE.
Be patient, any way you have the half of it already.

Regards Cor