In Progress Cabinet for Neo2x

chip

Re: In Progress Cabinet for Neo2x
« Reply #20 on: 14 Apr 2009, 05:15 pm »

KS

« Reply #21 on: 15 Apr 2009, 05:54 am »
Never too late to make things even better.

The small coil should be mounted vertically, narrow side facing the horizontal big coil.  This will lessen the interference between the coils.

chip

« Reply #22 on: 15 Apr 2009, 11:13 am »
How bad is it to leave it like it is?

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 15 Apr 2009, 01:16 pm »
You have just enough distance between them for it to not be too bad.

chip

« Reply #24 on: 15 Apr 2009, 01:51 pm »
Well at least they are only velcroed into the bottom of the box so it wouldn't be too bad to readjust it. If you think I am better off then let me know Danny.

My father helped me with the first one and I did the second one basically the same layout. I only had that size board to work with and he thought it would be OK to lay them both flat as they were far enough away.

vuce

« Reply #25 on: 15 Apr 2009, 02:32 pm »

Danny Richie

« Reply #26 on: 15 Apr 2009, 03:03 pm »
3" or more (edge to edge) and you are in pretty good shape. If less than that and if it isn't difficult then I'd turn the little one up on its end.

chip

« Reply #27 on: 15 Apr 2009, 04:56 pm »
3" or more (edge to edge) and you are in pretty good shape. If less than that and if it isn't difficult then I'd turn the little one up on its end.

Well I will have to take them apart and measure I guess - don't want to but will do. Might not happen until late this month since I will be on vacation starting friday for a week.

Stereodude

« Reply #28 on: 15 Apr 2009, 08:55 pm »

I didn't take that into consideration when I built mine.

I might have to open them up and change it when I have some time.

Ron

« Reply #29 on: 28 Apr 2009, 12:26 pm »
 When you get a chance, please post comments regarding the sound quality of your newly completed Neo-2x's.

Thanks

chip

« Reply #30 on: 30 Apr 2009, 09:30 pm »
I haven't had tons of time with them. I was on vacation for a week and my kids keep me busy.

Ron

« Reply #31 on: 30 Apr 2009, 11:48 pm »
No rush Chip! Just whenever you get a chance. For your info,I am in the process of building a pair of the Neo-2X's myself.  Almost finished the enclosures (which will be in natural cherry),but haven't decided on the options to order with the Neo-2X parts kit. Most likely I will go with the Mills/Sonicap and No Rez options,but haven't fully decided on the JPS wiring. I plan to post pictures of the enclosures as soon as they are finished which will probably be at least another week. So far, I think they look very nice.The grills will have rounded corners like the AV-1's shown on GR Research website.

chip

« Reply #32 on: 1 May 2009, 01:58 am »
Well I can't wait to see the final product.
I had more time with the Neo 1x from the demo from Danny. I really liked what they had to offer.  I might be able to have some time with them tomorrow.

Ron

« Reply #33 on: 24 May 2009, 12:21 pm »
Chip

Finally finished building a pair of Neo 2X's. Very happy with how wonderful they sound. Transparent and detailed. Also,the enclosures turned out very nice too. I plan to post pictures of them as soon as Audio Circles website is fully restored or I can email pictures to anyone interested in seeing them.
Just drop me an email at roncjoyner@yahoo.com.

Ron

RogerB

« Reply #34 on: 24 May 2009, 05:21 pm »
Glad to hear back from you Ron!  Glad your happy with the fruits of your labor!  Feel free to post more listening impressions when you have time.

Also, would love to hear back from Chip on his listening impressions!

Roger

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #35 on: 25 May 2009, 02:51 pm »
Here is a very compact and clean way to lay out this network:

Higher res photos are available if any needs them...

Ninja

Ron

« Reply #36 on: 25 May 2009, 03:54 pm »
Ninja

Your crossover layout for the Neo 2X  does look better than mine.Very clean,neat, and compact.Thanks for posting the picture.

Ron

RogerB

« Reply #37 on: 25 May 2009, 04:31 pm »
The Ninja built mine and shipped it to me Friday.  I will get it this week.  Heck...that may be a picture of mine!!!  LOL!!!

Nice looking work Ninja!

Roger

Ron

« Reply #38 on: 25 May 2009, 07:10 pm »
 If anyone is interested,Danny was nice enough yesterday to post some pictures of my newly completed Neo 2x's under the subject heading "Any Neo 2x's in Virginia ? ". Thanks again Danny. They only have a few hours of listening time on them, but so far they sound absolutely amazing. I have never heard speakers with as much detail and clarity as these provide. The sound field is wide and deep. I am hearing details in my CD recording that I have never heard before.Vocals are excellent. If they sound this good now, I can't imagine how they will sound when they are fully broken in? I plan to post additional comments in a few weeks after they have had time to break in more. Thanks again Danny for offering such a wonderful speaker design as the Neo 2X to the DIY community. I think your designs are the greatest!
One additional comment. It is best to use the Neo 2x's with a good subwoofer for full range service.

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #39 on: 26 May 2009, 03:09 pm »
Just wanted to add my congrats to Danny - the Neo2X is a great monitor.  I really had a hard time letting them go out to the customer.

Sean