Variable Feedback: A very,very, EXTREMELY powerful tool.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Re: AudioCircle Member Combo Sale on NS-50 + Preamp !!!
« Reply #20 on: 28 Apr 2009, 11:14 am »
While you are sitting down and enjoying a cup of coffee or lunch (wherever you may be), please visit our web site. This combo WILL work on 220v power! We ship world-wide.

Set yourself apart from the rest with some 1950's quality based tube gear.

Written @ 7:15AM EST

BTW: If you require a 220v primary, it will be done for FREE with this combo!  :hyper:

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #21 on: 30 Apr 2009, 11:11 am »
$2500.00 purchases more than you ever thought it could.

Get a complete tube setup, a NS-50 Deluxe + Dual Tube Preamp

Shipping to the Lower 48 is on us!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #22 on: 30 Apr 2009, 11:44 pm »
Hmmm...where did I see a tube amp and preamp combo for as much as one of them typically costs alone?

Don't know- but it has to be around here somewhere.  :scratch:

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #23 on: 2 May 2009, 01:00 am »
Our combo, a NS-50 Deluxe plus the Dual Tube preamplifier represents an unprecedented value not seen too often. How much quality audio gear can $2,500 purchase that's 100% tube based, point to point wired in the USA, containing more features than several systems put together AND represent 1950's quality standards? My guess is you're going to be looking on the USED market to stay in this price margin.

This is a BIG promotion! Take advantage of it!

Please visit our web site.

Any questions? I'd like to hear from you.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #24 on: 2 May 2009, 10:26 am »
The NS-50 Deluxe has an enormous advantage over just about all tube and solid state amplifiers:

An ability to adapt itself perfectly to your tastes, listening environment AND speakers. Our Dual Tube preamp is the perfect compliment with a smooth, linear volume control and two inputs.

Adaptability is extremely important!! This is not one of those amps that sounds a specific way and you either like it or box it back up. I cannot stress enough how important flexibility is.

Flexibility is everything: Enough power for a demanding home theater, tube rectification for a more organic listening session, tunable bias for exact control of the power tubes, variable feedback that can be set to PERFECTLY match your tastes and speakers. SIXTY WATT output transformers to insure perfect clarity at peak demand times.

Our Dual Tube preamp can be tube rectified as well for a reasonable price. We can even provide dual rectification (switchable tube or SS).

Do I firmly believe this is the perfect tube setup? Absolutely!

We're always happy to receive questions.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #25 on: 2 May 2009, 07:49 pm »
Have you been getting the upgrade itch?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #26 on: 7 May 2009, 11:38 am »
Did you know this combo deal will save you $250.00? That's enormous!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #27 on: 8 May 2009, 01:04 pm »
Have you been shopping around lately?

$2500.00 purchases more than you ever thought it could.

Get a complete tube setup, a NS-50 Deluxe + Dual Tube Preamp

Shipping to the Lower 48 is on us!

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #28 on: 20 May 2009, 10:28 am »
Are there any questions regarding this combo sale?

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #29 on: 28 May 2009, 01:07 pm »
Our 25% trade-in sale is effective with this combo sale as well.  :D

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: New Amplifier: 807 Single Ended Parallel!
« Reply #30 on: 3 Jun 2009, 12:36 pm »
807 SEP Special Edition

Thirty solid watts of single ended bliss per channel. SEP designs make it possible to drive difficult loads without loosing performance.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #31 on: 3 Jun 2009, 11:41 pm »
Have you seen the new beauty?  :D

All information is available on my web site.

I have another power transformer exactly like the one on this amp if anybody would like one of these for themselves with the exact same spec's.  If you would like to make changes to this platform, that can be done to suit your needs.

This is a special order. I can make one with 807's or 6550 TungSol's. Price is $1,800 with Lower 48 shipping included.

There is no better solution to high priced, high powered triode amplifiers. The 807SEP has incredible tone qualty and does not run out of gas easily like your typical SET or basic single ended configuration. There's 30 watts per channel to work with!
« Last Edit: 5 Jun 2009, 11:06 am by Niteshade »

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #32 on: 5 Jun 2009, 11:08 am »
Some additional information you will like:

This platform can be made to operate with dual 5AR4's and 6550 power tubes!  :D

Questions are always welcome.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #33 on: 5 Jun 2009, 10:07 pm »
We have another design for 50 watts/channel of single ended power if 30 watts per channel is not enough.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #34 on: 6 Jun 2009, 10:45 am »
High power single ended amps are very,very special. In fact, they are so special that not many people want to pay for them due to high prices.

Large triodes are typically used to produce decent amounts of single ended power- between 20 to 50 watts and cost THOUSANDS of dollars.  Just so you know- about 30% of that enormous price is usually trinkets, eye candy.

Our SEP design utilizes pentodes. Some people have a fear of pentodes that I cannot fathom. They believe pentodes are somehow inferior to triodes. It is my wish that people who  think this way banish that obsolete wives tale. Yes, I realize you heard triode amps that sounded better than pentode amps. So have I. I have also heard pentode amps that can easily slam triode amps. 

Triode amplification is conducive to simple circuits. Physical proof lies in this: Power triodes (ie. 300B) are difficult to drive. Difficult to drive tubes require more gain stages. What good is that? Pentodes are easy to drive and require less support circuitry. This is a fact as well.  Reduce the number of circuit components and get better sound! Occam's Razor wins again.

This brings me back to my earlier paragraph: "Our SEP design utilizes pentodes."

Now you know why we use pentodes. The reasons are sound, logical and not born of eccentricities.

Niteshade Audio is about performance and value. I like to harp on that because if you do your shopping, you'll know it's true. We offer the best and most unique hardware per dollar spent.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #35 on: 7 Jun 2009, 11:56 am »
Have you experienced high power single ended amplification? My guess is most stay away from single ended designs due to expense and low power. Not really a winning combination, unless something special is in the mix.

Single ended sonics do not have to be low powered OR excessively expensive. 

A 6550 single ended parallel amplifier brings critical listening and power together in one tidy package. 

SEP also stands for Single Ended Power!  :D

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #36 on: 8 Jun 2009, 05:56 pm »
Monologues are fun. It's a great skill that can be applied to book writing, radio talk shows....or AudioCircle.  :lol:

The web site has been improved! Please take a look when you get the chance.

About the 807 SEP: It's a considerable amount of equipment and an exceptionally good value. I tend to lean towards high powered amps and firmly believe that if you like high power you will love this kind of amplifier, especially one rigged for 40+ watts per channel.

The good news: You don't have to pawn your first born, sell the car or re-mortgage anything! 

I can design SEP's to run off of many different kinds of tubes. Just ask.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #37 on: 9 Jun 2009, 10:54 am »
It's been quite a month: Three new amplifiers so far:

A high power SEP (based on the 6550, 6L6, EL34, 807 or any other pentode)
NS-30C
NS-30A

There is a mighty big difference between the three amps. All use different circuits and are designed to drive the tubes in different ways. Our two most unconventional amps are the 30C and SEP designs. The 30A unique as well, just not as exotic as the other two. Our SEP provides fantastic, clean power to the Single Ended world. Nothing can even come close to touching it within its price range. I can 100% guarantee that.  I can say that about my other amps as well. My SEP design can easily run toe to toe with SET's costing double to quadruple our price.

Our 807SEP is not a small amp. One went out the other day and weighed in at 50lbs packed. That's mostly transformer iron! 

Skimping was never our way. As a consumer, you want to pay for exceptional sound quality, hardware, engineering skills and craftsmanship. It's important to place little emphasis on amp/preamp attributes that have nothing to do with good sound or hardware quality. 

I think it is important that people know as much as possible about Niteshade Audio, the products and ideals that make us up.

Could you tell others about us? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance.

Blair Lamphear
Niteshade Audio

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #38 on: 13 Jun 2009, 02:29 am »
High power single ended amplification is not a myth or unattainable. Just ask us!

There are several benefits to SEP amplifiers: The biggest is they get you where you want to go with the utmost in performance all without the esoteric price tag.

We're always happy to answer questions!

Blair

pardales

« Reply #39 on: 13 Jun 2009, 03:06 am »
It's been quite a month: Three new amplifiers so far:

My SEP design can easily run toe to toe with SET's costing double to quadruple our price.

Our 807SEP is not a small amp. One went out the other day and weighed in at 50lbs packed. That's mostly transformer iron! 

Skimping was never our way. As a consumer, you want to pay for exceptional sound quality, hardware, engineering skills and craftsmanship. It's important to place little emphasis on amp/preamp attributes that have nothing to do with good sound or hardware quality. 

Blair Lamphear
Niteshade Audio

Interesting looking amp.