WOW!!! What a sweet audio room.

Kevin Haskins

Re: WOW!!! What a sweet audio room.
« Reply #20 on: 3 Mar 2009, 01:18 am »
Looks a bit like Mike's room..

I've been in Mike's room a few times and it is exceeding good acoustically. (I've tried to explain to him the sonic benefits of applying Bondo over the old-fashion wood finish of his speakers, but he just won't listen!)

Another great room belongs to Winston Ma the owner of First Impression Music,. Positive Feedback has done a couple of articles on it.

Both Mike and Winston have served as judges for our speaker contest: The Puget Sound! DIY Speaker Contest. Good Ears and very nice guys.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Oh... those two guys have some pretty good ears too.   ;-)    Impeccable taste in speakers I hear.   

Wind Chaser

« Reply #21 on: 3 Mar 2009, 01:37 am »
I prefer rooms where people actually live, filled with sofas, chairs, puffs, antique Persian rugs, windows with a view to the outside and lots of light, surrounded by thick drapes, plus lots of plants, books and that sort of thing. 

I'm with you in that regard.  It's too much like a dungeon for my tastes.  But once the listening commences, it usually happens at night with very dim lighting.  To top it off, I usually listen with my eyes closed to get into the illusion of being there.  Nevertheless, adding some aesthetic value with natural day light, books and a few plants need not compromise the dedicated application of the room.

ratso

« Reply #23 on: 3 Mar 2009, 01:55 am »
that's just silly.

TerryO

« Reply #24 on: 3 Mar 2009, 02:08 am »
Looks a bit like Mike's room..

I've been in Mike's room a few times and it is exceeding good acoustically. (I've tried to explain to him the sonic benefits of applying Bondo over the old-fashion wood finish of his speakers, but he just won't listen!)

Another great room belongs to Winston Ma the owner of First Impression Music,. Positive Feedback has done a couple of articles on it.

Both Mike and Winston have served as judges for our speaker contest: The Puget Sound! DIY Speaker Contest. Good Ears and very nice guys.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Oh... those two guys have some pretty good ears too.   ;-)    Impeccable taste in speakers I hear.   

Mr. Haskins,
Your ears must be pretty good as well, because you heard right!
:green:

Best Regards,
TerryO

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #25 on: 3 Mar 2009, 02:22 am »
Below is a dedicated audio room that we all dream of having.   :drool:

This particular masterpiece is Kevin Tellekamp's listening room/studio.  Kevin is the president of Silent Running Audio (SRA) - who makes some very good platforms for audio gear.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.soundstage.com/configsys/

George

Myself, I simply love the design of that front wall along with the side walls. I can only imagine the type of sound stage that is produced from this type of setup? It would only be a guess as I doubt I'll ever be so lucky as to ever experience this myself. Thanks George for sharing this setup. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

topround

« Reply #26 on: 3 Mar 2009, 02:23 am »
I like Mikes room much better. :thumb:
The other one seems so sterile, I could not feel comfortable in there, he needs a decorator

Cozy is better, plants, couches , rugs, pictures of your kids

Cozy is comfy :thumb: