Common sense has 2 new Audio Nirvana Drivers

mightym

Common sense has 2 new Audio Nirvana Drivers
« on: 26 Feb 2009, 03:17 am »
There are Two new drivers by Audio Nirvana available.

there's a new 8" AlNiCo full ranger, and a 15"!

While I wouldn't call the 15 a Full range driver, the specs state an Fs of 27Hz topping at 14K, with a Qts of .48 there's several things that come to mind where this might be fun, though the cone mass seems a little high... the possibility for dynamics with this kind of driver...... Crossed to your favorite tweeter at 10K....

Just an FYI.  Since I'm currently economically disadvantaged, I'll just have to dream a while.

John

pardales

Re: Common sense has 2 new Audio Nirvana Drivers
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2009, 06:10 am »
There are Two new drivers by Audio Nirvana available.

there's a new 8" AlNiCo full ranger, and a 15"!

While I wouldn't call the 15 a Full range driver, the specs state an Fs of 27Hz topping at 14K, with a Qts of .48 there's several things that come to mind where this might be fun, though the cone mass seems a little high... the possibility for dynamics with this kind of driver...... Crossed to your favorite tweeter at 10K....

Just an FYI.  Since I'm currently economically disadvantaged, I'll just have to dream a while.

John

Good to know. Thanks!

dweekie

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2009, 07:32 am »
Hmm, that's a decent price on an 8" Alnico driver at $448/pr.  fs 46hz and qts 0.73.  I wonder how it'll manage on an Open Baffle with some help on the bottom. 

Telstar

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2009, 08:06 pm »
Hmm, that's a decent price on an 8" Alnico driver at $448/pr.  fs 46hz and qts 0.73.  I wonder how it'll manage on an Open Baffle with some help on the bottom. 

Same thougths :)

jrebman

« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2009, 09:17 pm »
Funny, my thought was what would be a good match for the top end :D

-- Jim

mightym

« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2009, 12:55 am »
Personally, I was wondering more about what the 15" would sound like in a Jensen  Imperial, or a JBL C-34.  And what tweeter to add a little sparkle to the top end. Maybe a nice Bullet horn with an L-pad to keep it simple?

John