It will be the RM9!

sjh500

It will be the RM9!
« on: 21 Feb 2009, 10:23 pm »
I have decided to find an original RM9 instead of going with an RM10 from Roger. My question is, has anyone had Roger install XLR's on their RM9? I noticed that Roger does that on the RM200, and can only guess that it sounds better? It is sometimes hard to get a hold of Roger, so I thought I would post this question on the forum before I bug him(since I am not buying a new amp from him, don't like to go to audio stores if I am not going to actually buy something either). My cd player is balanced so I figured this might be a good way to go if it can be done-let me know if I am being ignorant, :lol: thanks!  I DID SEE THE POST BELOW-still not very clear though.

sjh500

Re: It will be the RM9!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2009, 03:27 am »
No one huh?

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2009, 09:24 pm »
The RM-9 was designed before balanced was even thought of for the home. The RM-200 has true balanced inputs, not just the connector. It is easy to use the RM-200 unbalanced. It would be impractical to make the RM-9 balanced nor is there a good place to put the connector.

As long as you have no hum in your system, balanced is not necessary. In most systems balanced has no real advantage other than hum reduction due to ground loops. However, 99.9% of the time, ground loops can be easily fixed by floating all the grounds except the power amp. I have never had a situation where this did not work just as well as balanced.

sjh500

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2009, 12:27 am »
Thank you Roger, much appreciated.