HT2 sub module

redskinsfan

HT2 sub module
« on: 19 Feb 2009, 06:56 am »
Jim, would it be feasible to build passive sub modules to be used as stands for a pair of sealed HT2 monitors, similar to the ones you made for mpd's HT1s, using Aurasound 15'' drivers? 8)

jsalk

Re: HT2 sub module
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2009, 06:24 pm »
redskinfan -

Jim, would it be feasible to build passive sub modules to be used as stands for a pair of sealed HT2 monitors, similar to the ones you made for mpd's HT1s, using Aurasound 15'' drivers? 8)

Sorry for the delay.  I knew I had read your question but didn't have time to answer at that moment.  Ever since, I was wondering where that question was (email, forum, etc.) since I didn't recall ever answering it.

Sure, it would be feasible and certainly could be done.  The first question, though, would be how low you need the system to go.  If an F3 of about 18Hz is low enough, I may have a better solution.  If you would like to email or PM me, I would be happy to explore things with you.

- Jim

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2009, 06:43 pm »
redskinfan -

Sorry for the delay.  I knew I had read your question but didn't have time to answer at that moment.  Ever since, I was wondering where that question was (email, forum, etc.) since I didn't recall ever answering it.

Sure, it would be feasible and certainly could be done.  The first question, though, would be how low you need the system to go.  If an F3 of about 18Hz is low enough, I may have a better solution.  If you would like to email or PM me, I would be happy to explore things with you.

- Jim

Only an F3 of 18Hz???  You can do better than that Jim.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

George

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2009, 07:38 pm »

Only an F3 of 18Hz???  You can do better than that Jim.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

George

How about in-room response to 15Hz?

- Jim

redskinsfan

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2009, 09:07 am »
Jim, thanks very much for the reply; I really appreciate it. Current finances dictate that I remain in the realm of feasibility, rather than reality, but hopefully that will change soon. As regards how low I would want the system to go, I was thinking of augmenting the HT2/submodules with an HTC modified with an LCY tweet (basically a horizontally oriented HT2), and sealed HT2s as surrounds, with the aim of creating a HT system that goes low enough not to require a dedicated sub (not sure exactly how that translates into FT3 numbers). :scratch: