Video Editing Software on Windows

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Video Editing Software on Windows
« on: 16 Feb 2009, 11:43 pm »
Any recommendations on a basic video editing program for Windows?

I need to merge lots of short video clips and make them into one big clip, as well as do some basic editing and clean-up.

I am looking for something easy to use and that doesn't cost too much.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

George

Crimson

Re: Video Editing Software on Windows
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2009, 11:55 pm »
I've used Pinnacle software before. They're lowest-priced package is about $50 and will easily do what you need.

Regardless of what you go with, any video editing software will require a machine with a not-too-old processor and more than 512 MB of RAM.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2009, 12:28 am »
I've used Pinnacle software before. They're lowest-priced package is about $50 and will easily do what you need.

Regardless of what you go with, any video editing software will require a machine with a not-too-old processor and more than 512 MB of RAM.

Thanks.

I will run it on a Intel Core2 Quad  CPU Q6600 (2.40GHz, 1066FSB  2X4M L2) machine with plenty of RAM.

George

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2009, 12:51 am »
I like Videoredo Plus.  Very easy, very effective. Trial download works great,too.

http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2009, 04:54 am »

I will run it on a Intel Core2 Quad  CPU Q6600 (2.40GHz, 1066FSB  2X4M L2) machine with plenty of RAM.

George

I have a Q6600 with 4GB RAM that I am completely rebuilding - took the Gigabyte mobo out to reseat everything from scratch and put on latest Gigabyte drivers.

Currently I have Movie Edit Pro 14 - it works with my Canon HDV camcorder and has an amazing feature set for $50. Guess I am still researching the best "real" product for my needs. But I can recommend this one. Got it at Circuit City months ago.

bunnyma357

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2009, 05:34 am »

Currently I have Movie Edit Pro 14 - it works with my Canon HDV camcorder and has an amazing feature set for $50. Guess I am still researching the best "real" product for my needs. But I can recommend this one. Got it at Circuit City months ago.

Don't know how "real" your looking to get, but Creative Cow has a lot of great forums and tutorials on lots of professional editing, motion graphics and 3D programs, as well as hardware. Very good resource if your looking for that level of software & hardware.

http://forums.creativecow.net/

Jim C

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2009, 05:48 am »

Don't know how "real" your looking to get, but Creative Cow has a lot of great forums and tutorials on lots of professional editing, motion graphics and 3D programs, as well as hardware. Very good resource if your looking for that level of software & hardware.

http://forums.creativecow.net/

Jim C

thanks, I'll check it out

gary

« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2009, 01:18 pm »
I use Adobe Premier Elements, very easy to use and affordable at ~$100.

gary

Philistine

« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2009, 01:43 pm »
I use Adobe Premier Elements, very easy to use and affordable at ~$100.

gary

I have Adobe Premier Pro - and only scratch the surface of its capabilities, it's outstanding.
For home use I would also suggest taking a look at Adobe Premier Elements.