BP1/MPS1

SFOX

BP1/MPS1
« on: 15 Feb 2009, 06:02 am »
James

You mentioned in another post that you have re-introduced a less expensive phono stage (BP1/MPS1) which uses the older power supply from the BP25 series preamplifiers

'So the BP1 is 'MM' only but 'does include' the 'external' MPS1 power supply for $1,495 list as opposed to the BP1.5 (MM and MC)/MPS-2 which is $3800 list'

Some questions ...

Is the BP1 available without the MPS1 power supply if one has an older unused MPS1 available
Can the BP1 be used with an MPS2
Does the MPS1 supplied with the BP1 have a separate power cable to the BP1
Is literature available for the BP1/MPS1

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BP1/MPS1
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2009, 12:28 pm »
James

You mentioned in another post that you have re-introduced a less expensive phono stage (BP1/MPS1) which uses the older power supply from the BP25 series preamplifiers

'So the BP1 is 'MM' only but 'does include' the 'external' MPS1 power supply for $1,495 list as opposed to the BP1.5 (MM and MC)/MPS-2 which is $3800 list'

Some questions ...

Is the BP1 available without the MPS1 power supply if one has an older unused MPS1 available

Hi SFOX,

1. Yes we could sell the BP1 without the MPS-1.
2. Not sure on that one but I assume so with a modified power cable (I will check with engineering).
3. Yes there is a connection cable from the power supply to the BP1.5.
4. Sorry - no literature at this point.

james

SFOX

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2009, 02:57 pm »
Thanks James

What would be the price for the BP1 without the MPS1 power supply and what would be estimated delivery time from placement of order with dealer

Are any pictures of the BP1 available and does it feature the same red DIP switches on the back panel as the BP1.5

95Dyna

« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2009, 06:11 pm »
James

Some questions ...

Hi SFOX,

1. Yes we could sell the BP1 without the MPS-1.
2. Not sure on that one but I assume so with a modified power cable (I will check with engineering).
3. Yes there is a connection cable from the power supply to the BP1.5.
4. Sorry - no literature at this point.

james

Hi James,

Did you ever get an answer as to whether the BP1 can be used with MPS2 and what its standalone price is?  I'm getting ready to order a BP26 and am still hung up on the MM vs MC decision.  I might order the 26 without a phono stage rather than hold up the process due to my indecision.  In that case it would be helpful to know my alternatives to add phono later should I choose to stay with MM.

Thanks,

Bill

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:01 pm »
^ Hi Bill,

Yes the BP1 (MM)  can be used with the MPS-2 and is $1195 list.

james