Bolder Digital Modded SB3(Sale Pending) Upgraded Rev. 1 PS (Still Available)

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Hi:

I am moving to the Duet with Full Enthusiast Mods by Wayne at Bolder.  Therefore.....

Up for sale:

SB3(Black) with digital mods done by Wayne at Bolder.  Looks & works perfectly.  Asking $375 $350

Bolder Cables Upgraded Basic Rev .1 Power Supply for the SB3

This is Wayne’s upgraded Basic Rev.1 Power Supply w/ Jensen Caps and more.
A wonderful sounding power supply for your Squeeze Box (analog or digital).  Asking $400 $375

If needed, I will throw in a Nitro DC cable for the PS going to the SB3.  Asking $70 $65

I will consider selling the SB3 & PS separately only if I get buyers for both items.

I will accept Money Orders or Pay Pal(add 2% to the above prices)

I will pay for the shipping which will be insured.

BTW, I probably will be putting up my modded Zhalou 2.0 DAC for sale.  If interested, please PM me and I will be glad to share with you the mods performed.  Asking $225

I have reduced the asking price on the SB3, PS & DC Cable for a quicker sale.  If no takers in a couple of days on to the "GON".

Thanks for looking,

rklein
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 07:16 pm by rklein »

rklein

Re: Bolder Digital Modded SB3 Upgraded Rev. 1 PS $Reduced$
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2009, 01:13 pm »
Bump
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 01:25 pm by rklein »

rotarius

Re: Boulder Digital Modded SB3 Upgraded Rev. 1 PS $Reduced$
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2009, 01:35 pm »
What were the mods to the zhaolu?

rklein

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2009, 02:17 pm »
Hi Rotarius:

I sent you a PM describing the mods to the Zhaolu 2.0 DAC.

However, the sale of my Zhaolu dac will hinge on whether someone buys my Boulder modded SB3 & Power Supply.  I don't doubt that someone either on AC or Audiogon will buy it.  Actually, my present combination of the Boulder digitally modded SB3 feeding the Zhaolu DAC going to my Mapletree tube preamp works GREAT!!  However,...   :roll:  I want to try Wayne's analogue mods with the Duet, which would take out the DAC and possibly the Mapletree pre out of the chain.

Thanks,

rklein
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 01:26 pm by rklein »

zapper7

• Its time to have fun, its fun to have time
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2009, 08:36 pm »
Which one of the digital mods did you have done to the SB3, and copper, silver, gold, etc?
Thanks    Z

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2009, 09:09 pm »
Hello Zapper,

rklein had the basic level digital mod done to his SB3. That involved replacement of the internal power supply caps, removal of inductors from the digital signal path an new cabling from the digital buffer to a WBT NextGen RCA.

No Bybee Purifiers were installed.

rklein

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2009, 10:20 pm »
I was considering sending back my SB3 to Wayne so he could upgrade the unit to his Enthusiast Digital Only Mods.  Being that I already have the basic digital mods performed it would cost another $250 not the $425 listed on Wayne's website.  Below is the link describing this mod:

http://www.boldercables.com/servlet/Detail?no=404

I decided to move to the Duet because of the controller and the additional options it has.  If one is interested, I could send the SB3 directly back to Wayne saving you the extra shipping.

However, a fellow AC'er has PM'd me with interest in the SB3 only.  If someone is interested in just the Power Supply, as I stated in my original thread, I am agreeable to splitting the two pieces up.

Thanks for your interest.

rklein
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 01:26 pm by rklein »

rklein

« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2009, 04:10 pm »
As stated in a previous post in this thread, I have a buyer for my SB3 only.  This is only contingent on getting a buyer for the power supply.

Before I send these off to A'gon, I will lower the price one last time on the following:

Bolder Cables Upgraded Basic Rev .1 Power Supply for the SB3 from $375 to $365

This makes the final price for both SB3 & the power supply to $350 + $365 = $715

C'mon you guys...buy it for your sweetheart :lol: it's Valentines Day!!!

rklein

Hi:

I have a buyer for my Bolder modded SB3.

I have an Audiogon ad (with pictures) for just the Bolder Upgraded Basic Rev.1 Power Supply:

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?powrdist&1239982431&item

I am asking $400 for this Power Supply in the A'gon ad.  In order to facilitate a sale on this, I am willing to take $350 from an AC member who might have a need for just the Power Supply.

I do have a Bolder Nitro DC cable if needed.  I did make a mistake on the original post.  This cable is NOT 3 feet but 6 feet.  This length goes for $175 on Bolder's website.  I will still let it go for $65 but only with the Power Supply.

Thanks for looking,

rklein