OMG a new amplifier for VSA speakers/Redefining "Bang for the Buck"

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
I just picked up the Virtue Audio line of amplifiers on a whim.. Those of you who viewed the recent CES pictures displayed by numerous sources may have seen this small class T integrated amplifier, about the size of a coke can, powering large speakers (cant recall the mfg) and receiving favorable comments.  Well I decided to bring a Virtue One in for use in my HT room to run my rear surrounds.  Instead, last night I decided to fire up my VR5'sSE's/Anniv upgrade using the Virtue One.  I'm shocked, I'm blown away.  Wonderful detail,, John Lee Hooker's voice is palpable, and the bass wallop and weight of the recorded performance is guttural.  I've run the gamut on the musical palate,, blues, jazz, rock, classical,, I can't stop shaking my head.  More amazing folks,,, 100wpc, runs cool and the cost on-line is $250...  Will the Virtue One replace my Karan Acoustic S180 amplifer,,,, no,, but holy &*$@.  I can't stop listening to this little amplifier... I had a similar discovery years ago with Flying Mole amplifiers after reading a review from Clemont Perry at Stereo Times using with a pair of db99's.   In fact I'll bring another Virtue One in for my original intent and replace the Moles I picked up then.  See at www.virtueaudio.com .... Stereomojo has just reviewed this amplifier on-line... Ck it out!
Oh, if you decide to purchase a Virtue One,, order the 30v/130 watt upgrade.  Another hundred bucks and change....

Best, 

Jack
Houston

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
On second thought,,, anyone want to buy my Karan?  I haven't A/B'd these two amps but,,,,, goodness, I know which is the pound for pound winner! 

Jack

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
I'll try this amp on my Uni 3's tonight and let you know!!

Jack

mr_bill

I'll try this amp on my Uni 3's tonight and let you know!!

Jack
We are looking forward to reading what you find out!  Thanks.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
All I can say is,,, try this amp out,, it'll keep you glued to your chair.  The bass energy from such a small package is simply amazing.  This amp is 24 hours old.  I'm scared to think what changes will occur in a wks time.  I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon but I'm on,,, both feet.  My Uni 3's are singing!  Check this out,,, I'm using an old Sony DVPS3000.  I'm talkin OLD!  I'm also using AZ IC's and Analysis Plus Oval 9's Bi's.  Soooo,, maybe a 200 dollar cd/dvd player,,, $250 amplifier.. nice IC's and Spk cables on a pair of $27000 5's and $15k U3's.
It embarassing!.

Jack
Houston

1000a

aa

WOW Perfect timing:

I am thrilled to hear some AC feed back on the Virtue Amps, I was just about to post a thread to see if anyone had used one yet.  My big tube amp (i was  :drool: over the TNT rev. of the "Karan" yrs ago) needs repair- and I have been wanting for awhile now to give a T design a try (but the low watts kept me away).

I have been following the Nu Force stuff recently getting stupefied in a dream world (it does seem something really wonderful has come along-but with low $$) your quick rev. and the 2008 fall TNT rev. and some 6 moons comments have just given me a way to try the digital amp camp for about the shipping and repair price on my amp.  Plus I can also get my TVC back in action and see what it brings to the Virtue Amp table- COOL!

Any other comments on the amp- did it eventually lose its appeal to you? Did you try a pre-amp in front of it and so on. Would love to hear more about it.

Thanks a mil for your org. posting

evidently a primary designer from Audience is heavily involved in the design of the Virtue Amps.

FredT300B

I must admit some bias because my Virute One with the 30/130 PS was a freebie I won at the RMAF, but I concur completely with Jack about the virtues (no pun intended) of this amp. I've been A/B ing it with my Krell KAV400Xi, and the biggest difference I can discern is that the Krell puts out a lot more heat. Given the price of this amp it's a no brainer choice for a small second system, or even a first system if your budget is tight.  :thumb:

1000a

FredT300B

Thanks so much for taking the time to speak up on this amp- I really appreciate it.

It makes me feel more comfortable after I had ordered 2 to try as monos w (30v/90w PS) yesterday.
So 2 mono amps delv for about $625. w 90 per channel  aa     

Now I am quite a tube junkie but all the chatter since the first 8 watt T-amp, I am thrilled to give em a whirl.
Plus if I really like them, I can still upgrade to the 30/130 PS per side.

thanks again

FredT300B

Now I am quite a tube junkie but all the chatter since the first 8 watt T-amp, I am thrilled to give em a whirl.
Plus if I really like them, I can still upgrade to the 30/130 PS per side.

I also have a Trends TA-10.1 with battery power supply, and the Virtue One is a much better sounding amp than the Trends it two regards: The Trends runs out of power driving normal efficiency speakers while the Virtue has quite a bit more overhead room, and more importantly, even with the battery power supply the Trends has just a hint of that "edge" some associate with T amps while the Virtue has the smoothness I hear from high end class A/B amps.

1000a

I've been listening to a Virtue 1 amp with the middle PS 30/90 for about 3 weeks, (a second V1 on the way) - yes I can verify the above is true (my pp El34 100 watt x 2 is retired), mind blowing good  :drool: no doubt about that and at that price I think just a complete blessing.
Remember I only have the 30/90 not the 30/130 PS for now.

Running a TVC with it just puts it way over the top and with my line amp & TVC insanely good.  Can't wait to give em a go as monos.
Even as an integrated without my sub in the mix I was floored, didn't even know it was not turned on.  tnt rev: http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/va_audiophile_one_e.html

interview w the designer and CEO:  http://www.tnt-audio.com/intervis/virtue_e.html

that's it for me this is a spkr. forum, I will try to do a full rev of the amps in another circle.

RJR

Hi,

The Virtue TWO is even better; have been using mine for a couple of weeks and it's great.

Bob