"The Express - The Ernie Davis Story"

Bigfish

"The Express - The Ernie Davis Story"
« on: 8 Feb 2009, 05:16 pm »
Guys:

It would seem that the best movies tend to be based on true stories and that is certainly the case with "The Express - The Ernie Davis Story."  This was a very, very good movie.  Four stars out of Five!

Ken

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: "The Express - The Ernie Davis Story"
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2009, 06:06 pm »
I enjoyed this as well, not a bad as I expected.  A solid film, especially if you're a sports and or Ernie Davis fan.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2009, 06:14 pm »
I really liked this movie also,,, another reminder of how America use to be. I have no problem with a 4 out of 5 star rating. :thumb:

A small diversion here,, I've been hearing really good things from my Blockbuster guys about Taken, presently in the theaters. Everyone I've talked to says it's a very good movie, I hope to make the trip next week to the theater. :o

Cheers,
Robin
« Last Edit: 8 Feb 2009, 07:20 pm by satfrat »

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2009, 07:08 pm »
Did you mean the movie "Taken" with Liam Neeson Robin?
It looks like many we've seen before, it will live or die by Neeson's power as the lead, I suspect the story to be thin.  If you walk away thinking "That Liam Neeson is one bad (shut your mouth), then I think it would be enjoyable, otherwise..."

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2009, 07:23 pm »
Did you mean the movie "Taken" with Liam Neeson Robin?
It looks like many we've seen before, it will live or die by Neeson's power as the lead, I suspect the story to be thin.  If you walk away thinking "That Liam Neeson is one bad (shut your mouth), then I think it would be enjoyable, otherwise..."

Yep,,, correction made. :duh: These are the types of movies that get the blood flowing, I have no doubt I'll enjoy it. I've heard nothing but thumbs up from 1/2 dozen guys now. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

mateo

« Reply #5 on: 8 Feb 2009, 08:03 pm »
I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen it yet, but I will definitely own it. Many of the scenes were shot at Northwestern (where I'm a senior), in particular in our football stadium, Ryan Field, which I've been in for every home game the past four years as a member of the marching band. Seeing the stadium in the previews made me really proud :green:

ajzepp

« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2009, 04:26 am »
Just saw this one last night...two big thumbs up here!