FS: RWA Isabellina DAC $1750 **sold**

jrebman

FS: RWA Isabellina DAC $1750 **sold**
« on: 6 Feb 2009, 02:24 pm »
:cry: :cry: :cry:

It is totally unbelievable to me that I'd be selling this DAC and the circumstances that require it came out of nowhere.  At the beginning of this week I thought I was buying a new Audio Note amp for my living room system, and now, not only can that not happen, but I have to part with one of my all-time favorite pieces of audio gear, and by far the best DAC I've ever lived with, and one of the best I've herd anywhere at any price.

Just take a look at the RWA circle and you'll see plenty of things that I and others have written about their experiences with this DAC, but suffice it to say, it may be the last one you'll ever need -- I certainly thought that would be the case.

Anyway, the particulars:  Price is $1750 firm and includes shipping in the lower 48 and paypal fees.  I have all the original packing material, charger, USB cable and coax to BNC adaptor, and manual.  The unit is in 9/10 condition only because I've been using it, but otherwise you'd swear it was a 10/10, and is fully broken-in.  This one is kind of unique in that it has two sets of outputs, the idea being that one would go to the preamp or integrated, and the other to a dedicated headphone amp.

PM if interested.

Thanks for looking,

Jim

« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 07:54 pm by jrebman »

jrebman

Re: FS: RWA Isabellina DAC $1750 ship/PP incl.
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:26 am »
Bump.

Thanks for looking,

Jim
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 02:38 pm by jrebman »

wilsynet

« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:16 pm »
This is a stunningly good DAC, and the price is a comparative bargain.  Someone should take Jim up on this offer.  If you're looking for an Isabella, this can be upgraded to the Isabella, so you would by extension get a great deal on that too.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:19 pm »
This is a stunningly good DAC, and the price is a comparative bargain.  Someone should take Jim up on this offer.  If you're looking for an Isabella, this can be upgraded to the Isabella, so you would by extension get a great deal on that too.

Where do you see that this can be upgraded to an Isabella?

I don't see it on Vinny's website.

Thanks,

George

ebag4

« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:37 pm »
Here you go George:

Hi Wilsynet,

Great post - and thank you!  I am really glad to hear that you are enjoying your Isabella!   :singing:

ust so you know, here's how the pricing breaks down if you're an Isabellina *and* a Signature 30.2 owner:

1. Signature 30.2 owner means 10% off the price of an Isabella.  Isabella + DAC = $5500, minus 10% or $550 means total price = 5500 - 550 = 4950.

2. Isabellina is $2500.  Full value for trade-in of $2500.  So 4950 - 2500 = $2450 for the upgrade to Isabella + DAC.  Add shipping for a reasonable $35.

This is all correct and we like to offer our customers with such an upgrade path - I am thankful that you are posting feedback about how the Isabella with built-in Isabellina dac compares to the stand-alone Isabellina dac that you formerly owned.  Not only did you upgrade the sound, but now you also have more features (3 analog inputs, two analog outputs, easy access for tube rolling, hi/low gain, etc.).  :wink:

ith some tracks the Isabella with stock tubes is perfect.  On other tracks, the Isabella with the stock JJs seems to be a bit on the too laid back side of things, which is really to say that sometimes I have a preference for more sparkle in the highs.  No doubt a pair of the Siemens CCA tubes are soon to be in my future.

Tube rolling is a lot of fun, and is made fairly easy with the Isabella's sliding glass window on the top cover.  I do recommend that you put on approx. 200+ hours of burn-in on your Isabella before critically evaluating how it sounds with the stock tubes.  The sound really opens up more with burning in the stock JJ tubes (and the rest of the unit).  It might be the case that you still will prefer a good pair of NOS tubes and it is fun to try 'em  :green:

Thanks again,

Vinnie

jrebman

Re: FS: RWA Isabellina DAC $1750
« Reply #5 on: 9 Feb 2009, 02:52 pm »
Bump.

There are also 4 years and 8 months left in the transferrable warranty, and as wilsynet says, if you want an Isabella, you can upgrade this to one for the difference in the retail prices.

Killer deal on a killer DAC

-- Jim
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 06:05 pm by jrebman »

jrebman

Re: FS: RWA Isabellina DAC $1750 (ship/PP incl.)
« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2009, 02:43 pm »
Bump, and took the cable out of the package.

Will definitely go to agon today as I'm starting to feel somewhat better as the antibiotics kick in.

Thanks for looking,

Jim
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 06:06 pm by jrebman »

Mariusz

Re: FS: RWA Isabellina DAC $1600 (ship/PP incl.)
« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2009, 03:11 pm »
It should sell very quickly there.
That is one of the most "musical" DACs out there.
$1600 is a steall IMO ( Try $1850 on Agon ).
Awesome deal on the RWA NOS USB DAC, someone should really think about it.
Especially those with sensetive ears.   :lol:

Good luck with sell and I hope you have some really good reasons for selling it.  :duh:

Mariusz :thumb: 
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 04:29 pm by Mariusz »

jrebman

Re: FS: RWA Isabellina DAC $1750 (ship/PP incl.)
« Reply #8 on: 11 Feb 2009, 03:16 pm »
Thanks, Mariusz, and yes, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one and absolutely hated to have to make the decision, and will hate it even more when it's gone.  That said, in rethinking, it's going back up to 1750 here and on agon.  $1600 is ridiculous for this DAC.

Thanks,

Jim
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2009, 06:09 pm by jrebman »

jrebman

Re: FS: RWA Isabellina DAC $1750 **sold**
« Reply #9 on: 11 Feb 2009, 07:56 pm »
DAC and Cable both sold on agon within minutes of posting.

-- Jim

Mariusz

« Reply #10 on: 11 Feb 2009, 07:58 pm »
DAC and Cable both sold on agon within minutes of posting.

-- Jim

Told you - hahahahaha  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best wishes

Mariusz

jrebman

« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2009, 08:05 pm »
Mariusz,

Yes, you were right, and I suspected as much, but I really wanted it to go to an AC person, and you can just never tell which way these things are going to go.

Turns out that the guy is even local and will come and pick it up, so I don't even have to bother with the shipping.

I'm packing it up now and the fact that there's money in the bank isn't making a whole lot of difference in how I'm feeling right now.  Really wanted this one to be it, and would have been happy to keep it forever.

-- Jim

PhillipC

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2009, 08:21 pm »
Glad to hear the DAC sold so quickly on A'gon Jim.:)  Sorry that you did have to sell it though.:(

Phil

Mariusz

« Reply #13 on: 11 Feb 2009, 08:31 pm »
Jim

You have to do what YOU HAVE TO DO and I do understand it.
I hope that all goes well.

Mariusz :thumb:

anthony a.

« Reply #14 on: 11 Feb 2009, 10:11 pm »
i would have bought this if you had it listed about a month ago... before i bought the audio sector usb dac.  i am really happy with this dac (especially the price), but i would have gone with the rwa dac if i had found one at the time.  anyways, congrats on the sale. 

jrebman

« Reply #15 on: 12 Feb 2009, 01:11 pm »
Phil, yes, that was probably the fastest audio deal I've ever made -- total of 6 hours from posting the ad to delivering the goods.  Enjoy yours when you get it.

Mariusz, yes, having to do what one has to do is one thing, but I always feel, especially with guys like Vinnie and others who put so much of themselves into their products and support, that I'm really letting them down on a personal level.  Maybe they don't feel that way, but I do.

Anthony, yes, I have a feeling that is what will be filling in for the Isabellina, so I'm glad to hear you like it, especially from somebody coming from a tube DAC.  Of course Wilson and others who's tastes in gear I generally tend to agree with, also do and have liked the audio sector.  I'll just have to wait and see (or hear).  A month ago there was no clue that I'd ever sell this DAC :D.

Thanks again, all.

-- Jim

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #16 on: 12 Feb 2009, 01:56 pm »
Mariusz, yes, having to do what one has to do is one thing, but I always feel, especially with guys like Vinnie and others who put so much of themselves into their products and support, that I'm really letting them down on a personal level.  Maybe they don't feel that way, but I do.

Hi Jim,

Please do not feel this way.  Your health and finances are priorities and should always come first.  Your Isabellina now has the chance to be loved by another  :inlove: (and that was a great deal you offered!)  :)

I hope you feel better soon, and am wishing you all the best!

Vinnie