Shuguang Treasure 'Black Bottle' 6CA7Z and Genalex KT-77's

jcspinks

Re: Shuguang Treasure 'Black Bottle' 6CA7Z and Genalex KT-77's
« Reply #160 on: 27 Sep 2009, 04:43 pm »
Rpf et al:

Let's hope that these tubes remain in production so that we can get replacement sets. I love mine almost enough to order a backup quad, but that's a lot of dough...

Glad that others are concurring with impressions and enjoying them so much.

iGrant

« Reply #161 on: 27 Sep 2009, 05:03 pm »
Shuguang will need about 5 years of projected sales to even recoup their development/tooling costs, they are in it for the long haul and this Xmas we will be introducing some new Treasures :)

Also, Rachel has launched a B grade offering of the tubes. These still have the same sonic characteristics, just less plate current or some other spec not within our tight tolerances. We expect the grade B will last at least 80% of the life of the Grade A, but we still offer the optional 12 month warranty on the Grade B tubes. These Grade B tubes are more affordable and should do fine in multi-tube setups where cost/performance is an issue. For SET or 2 tube push/pull or parallel I'd stick with the Grade A. Talking directly to Rachel always helps too ;)

Another 6CA7-Z (and KT66-Z) review:
http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/shuguang_treasures_el34_kt66_e.html

Cheers,
Ian

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #162 on: 29 Sep 2009, 12:26 pm »
Well I finally received my VAC back from the factory and am once again enjoying the Treasure tubes, man I love these babies!

Lee,
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the 181, my VAC has four 6sn7's that I would LOVE to substitute with the 181's if you approve! Please keep us posted or start a new thread on them if you find the time. Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Sincerely,
John

cryoparts

« Reply #163 on: 29 Sep 2009, 04:40 pm »
Well I finally received my VAC back from the factory and am once again enjoying the Treasure tubes, man I love these babies!

Lee,
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the 181, my VAC has four 6sn7's that I would LOVE to substitute with the 181's if you approve! Please keep us posted or start a new thread on them if you find the time. Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Sincerely,
John

I have one now, using it as the driver in a headphone amp.  It has improved the amp, however, I need two more to compare a complete set to the Sylvania "Chrome Domes", Syl. "Bad Boys", and the stupid expensive black glass Tung Sol's.  As soon as Grant Fidelity gets them back in stock, I'm ordering.

There is another thread here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=71543.0

...however, it is stalled until more arrive.

Peace,

Lee

iGrant

« Reply #164 on: 30 Sep 2009, 04:06 am »
Blue Note 2009 Best of 2009 Award from EnjoyTheMusic.com :) for the Shuguang Treasure. Nice when our ears get confirmed by an award eh ! about 3/4 the way down the page. Btw, Nels told me the 6CA7-Z was the best KT-88 tube he had heard in his amp, then I sent him the KT88-Z.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1009/best_of_2009.htm

Cheers,
Ian

cryoparts

« Reply #165 on: 30 Sep 2009, 04:23 am »
Blue Note 2009 Best of 2009 Award from EnjoyTheMusic.com :) for the Shuguang Treasure. Nice when our ears get confirmed by an award eh ! about 3/4 the way down the page. Btw, Nels told me the 6CA7-Z was the best KT-88 tube he had heard in his amp, then I sent him the KT88-Z.

Cheers,
Ian

Nice!  Well deserved.

When will the CV-181's be back in stock?  Wish I could pick up a pair from you at RMAF!

Peace,

lee

iGrant

« Reply #166 on: 30 Sep 2009, 04:45 am »
I don't even have a pair, Rachel sold mine just as they were broken in. It will be great to meet you at RMAF, what room are in? We are in 9000, please drop by and say hi or vice versa. Late October now for delivery.

Cheers,
Ian

cryoparts

« Reply #167 on: 30 Sep 2009, 04:51 am »
I don't even have a pair, Rachel sold mine just as they were broken in. It will be great to meet you at RMAF, what room are in? We are in 9000, please drop by and say hi or vice versa.

Cheers,
Ian

Not exhibiting this year, my family responsibilities (ongoing sick family members) didn't allow me to devote the time needed for show prep, etc.  However, I am attending Saturday and Sunday, so I will definitely stop by and see you.

She sold your personal pair?  Ha!

Lee

MartinV56

« Reply #168 on: 23 Oct 2010, 09:27 pm »

Cheers,
Ian

6CA7 is a EL-34,
KT-88  is a totally different  tube
Ian you have the data 6CA7-Z, thanks

TONEPUB

« Reply #169 on: 24 Oct 2010, 12:51 am »
I don't even have a pair, Rachel sold mine just as they were broken in. It will be great to meet you at RMAF, what room are in? We are in 9000, please drop by and say hi or vice versa. Late October now for delivery.

Cheers,
Ian

Ha!  She sold them to me!  They are great!!

iGrant

« Reply #170 on: 25 Oct 2010, 12:50 am »

6CA7 is a EL-34,
KT-88  is a totally different  tube
Ian you have the data 6CA7-Z, thanks

Hi Martin,

The data sheet can be found as an attachment on the product page, as with all of our tubes :
http://grantfidelity.com/site/Shuguang_Treasure_6CA7-Z

Nels did both tubes in his review, he stated he was a KT88 guy, so I sent him the EL34 (6CA7-Z), Treasures first :). His amp will run both EL34 and KT88 tubes.

Cheers,
Ian

TONEPUB

« Reply #171 on: 25 Oct 2010, 02:30 am »
You guys have been bringing in some awesome tubes lately!  Keep up the great work.

iGrant

« Reply #172 on: 26 Oct 2010, 02:52 pm »
The next round of new tubes is going thru final testing now, contact Rachel for arranging review tubes in a few weeks if you wish, we expect to launch them in December. More fun and Rachel has sold all of my Pavanes too. I've got about 125 hours on my 6CA7-Z in my RITA-340 you reviewed, I put a lock nut on the case so she can't get at them :)

Cheers,
Ian