Shuguang Treasure CV-181

cryoparts

Shuguang Treasure CV-181
« on: 10 Sep 2009, 01:02 am »
With prompting from rihidoo, I am starting this thread in order to discuss the new Shuguang Treausre CV-181's.

If anyone has these, please chime in.

I have a single that I am using as a driver tube, and am patiently waiting for Grant Fidelity to get them back in stock to score a matched pair to use as the output tubes on a "refreshed" Singlepower MPX3 headphone amp.  Early impressions are good.

Peace,

Lee

richidoo

Re: Shuguang Treasure CV-181
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2009, 01:56 am »
I have a pair on order for use as 300B driver tubes. But I want to hear them in preamp too. I'm hoping they will be as good as the other Treasure tubes.  A friend (bigfish) has Modwright Transporter with 6SN7 adapter, so that will be cool to try with the Treasures if he's game.   

The order has been delayed because the last batch failed inspection. While it is disappointing to have to wait, Grant Fidelity is not lying when they say that N American Treasure tubes are stringently controlled. Quality is what you pay for and expect so I hope they live up to the high expectation set my Treasure 300Bs in my amp.  And Rachel has made up for the inconvenience of delay with a nice little discount on a future purchase. That on top of the great 4th of July price I got. They are a good seller.   

The specs on the tube are not traditional CV-181, they more closely resemble 6SN7, to fit more applications which require 6SN7's higher voltages.  Tomorrow I will try to post the specsheet that Rachel sent to me, or maybe I found it on the website?

Thanks Lee...

iGrant

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2009, 05:10 am »
Have you seen this TNTAudio review yet by Mark Wheeler ? :

http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/shuguang_treasures_cv181_e.html

Richidoo, when the CV181-Z tubes were first released a customer got them to try in the Transporter with the adapter. We will still sorting out the specs with the factory and a bunch of weird happened. They worked fine initially, then he left it on to burn overnight and in the morning, no sound, tubes seemed dead, he put in the stock tubes and all was fine, he sent the tubes back for a refund and I tested them fine and then used them for 300 hours and then they were sold and are still fine.

Some guys here got the info to Modwright and there could be some issues (don't remember, but might have been the adapter). Since then we have basically sorted that the specs are 6SN7, shape is CV-181, don't ask :). Lots of these out there from the first two runs and no issues since.

Your buddy will know the thread here on Transporter rolling, it is huge and there is a few guys in there that will tell him what they think before trying the CV181-Z.

Cheers,
Ian

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2009, 01:14 pm »
Sorry guys, I cancelled my CV-181 order yesterday. I forgot about this thread. $150 tube rolling curiosity has become less of a priority for me now.  I may try them again sometime.